NFL: Colin Kaepernick signing would be right move for Cardinals

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So his being out of the NFL is his fault and his fault alone. He wants to play but on his terms. As you said, he was offered a job in the AAF but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money. The CFL offered him a job and he turned it down. Hell, he optioned out of his contract with SF.

I used to believe he was being blackballed but then an NFL team brought him in and he wanted a huge deal. Then it happened with a league where the average salary is $250,000

I am probably being cynical here but it doesn't sound like he wants to be signed by anyone.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He had some good seasons under Harbaugh but then regressed. Defenses caught up with him. Should have gone up to Canada to resurrect his career. Been away too long for teams to consider him.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I used to believe he was being blackballed but then an NFL team brought him in and he wanted a huge deal. Then it happened with a league where the average salary is $250,000

I am probably being cynical here but it doesn't sound like he wants to be signed by anyone.
The year he left SF he was about to be signed by Baltimore but then his girl came out and called NFL owners slave owners and that was that.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
While I’m fine with Kaep’s peaceful protest, we’re a young team. The last thing this squad needs is an outside distraction from its backup QB.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
I don't see why not. Put him into a backup role, have him mentor Kyler, and it may work out. Wouldn't hurt to have a suitable starter in the wings if Kyler ever goes down instead of another Drew Stanton type.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Also, y'all are awfully bold to be talking about Kaep being a 'distraction'. I know a good bit of you wouldn't have said the same if we had tried to get Richie Incognito or Kareem Hunt.

TJ

Reaction score
Also, y'all are awfully bold to be talking about Kaep being a 'distraction'. I know a good bit of you wouldn't have said the same if we had tried to get Richie Incognito or Kareem Hunt.
You want the focus of the team to be on the back up QB’s political and social stances over the development of the young team?

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
You want the focus of the team to be on the back up QB’s political and social stances over the development of the young team?
If we're winning, I don't mind it. Kaep's got the right political mindset. Dude doesn't beat women or bully people because they're black. Kaep's not even all that controversial anymore. There's literally no risk in signing him.

TJ

Reaction score
If we're winning, I don't mind it. Kaep's got the right political mindset. Dude doesn't beat women or bully people because they're black. Kaep's not even all that controversial anymore. There's literally no risk in signing him.
And we won’t be winning this year, so the focus would quickly shift back to Kaep

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He won like 3 of his last 18 starts or some crazy figure.

He lost his starting job before he knelt, he'd been terrible for a while. If Kaepernick hadn't sucked out loud he'd still be in the league.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

His GF is more controversial at this point.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So wearing pig cop socks is the right mindset? Is that how you feel about people who unselfishly put their lives on the line to protect people like you? Oh, and cops don't "bully and beat up people because they're black" and to imply such is immature and, frankly, stupid. I guess the career criminal who was selling drugs in his neighborhood and who shot 6 cops in Philly was just being rousted because he was black.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave