Darius Philon Arrested for Aggravated Assault

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
I applaud the cardinals for holding tight and letting the legal process play out. I’m rather sure MB calls the shots on these types of matters. The dude flys his own plane; you think he is going to allow someone else to conduct a preliminary investigation into possible NFL and/or Cardinals conduct violations, that are being picked up as felonies in the criminal system?

If MB felt the the evidence collected thus far suggested Darius was guilty, he would have already been cut. So if there were video to substantiate the allegation a weapon was pulled (as some posters suggest “must have” occurred in order for arrest), MB would have already acted.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Philon is the 3rd Cardinal to be released due to legal troubles in the past month. And our best defensive player was suspended for 6 games in May for failing a drug test and attempting to cover it up. That is not a normal 3 months for an NFL team. And it's just a fraction of the nightmare we have witnessed over the past year.

Even for the Cardinals, this all feels entirely too dysfunctional. Especially when we potentially have a young, legit star at QB. We need to provide him with talent and stability in order for him to reach his potential. Not knuckleheads and dead cap space.

You've got a point Dayman. Keim is ultimately responsible for the roster, and coaching staff, and he's struggled mightily over the last 24 months.

I hope he call pull the team out of the nose dive we started in 2018, but that still looks uncertain.

I'd rather keep a 98% sober, 100% locked in, Steve Keim as GM. But if the team posts another 3-13 (or worse) mark this year, and our guys keep having discipline issues like Philon, I think we have go in another direction.

Come on Stevie. Give me six wins and some hope baby. And keep these fools in line.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I applaud the cardinals for holding tight and letting the legal process play out. I’m rather sure MB calls the shots on these types of matters. The dude flys his own plane; you think he is going to allow someone else to conduct a preliminary investigation into possible NFL and/or Cardinals conduct violations, that are being picked up as felonies in the criminal system?

If MB felt the the evidence collected thus far suggested Darius was guilty, he would have already been cut. So if there were video to substantiate the allegation a weapon was pulled (as some posters suggest “must have” occurred in order for arrest), MB would have already acted.
He's already cut, haha.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can tell you with 100% certainty you are wrong about that.

I was arrested based on an allegation, and then had words put in my mouth (it was articulated in the report I admitted to committing a crime). I brought the situation before the department leadership and then later POST, and they chalked the behavior up as “discretion.”

I’m telling you, someone can say “Speedy touched my ass at the ABC club on Saturday night; he was wearing a blue shirt with khaki pants.”

The cops can ask me, “were you at ABC Friday night? Were you wearing a blue shirt with khaki pants? Did you touch Janes butt?” I can answer “yes, yes, and absolutely effin not,” and they can arrest me on a “preponderance of evidence: I admitted to being at ABC and I was wearing the clothes they alleged, so it’s “reasonable” to believe the allegation of ass touching had merit.

I’m not making this up- it happens on the regular. I know a few professional LEO’s that wouldn’t make an arrest like that, but there are many that would. Any accusation involving Guns, violence against women, and threats of terrorism, are all hot button topics.

It’s WAY easy to arrest someone, especially with these trendy accusations.
If they have video of him with a gun, checkmate.

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think the only things upper mgmt are ok with letting slide these days are 1st DUIs and PED offenses. I applaud them for having some moral standards there, can’t say the same about many other teams. Drafting Allen is looking like a real solid move right now, let’s just hope he’s ready...

UK Cardinal

Reaction score
You have to get these type of players off your team but not great to add another $3 million of dead money this year and $2 million more next year.

Not a great start.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Lol. This aged badly. Within 24 hours.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
dude literally defends every wife/woman beater this team has. every time.

That’s quite the mischaracterization cheese. I don’t advocate for women/wife beaters. I advocate for due process, irrespective of dramatized allegations. Huge difference pal.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
That’s quite the mischaracterization cheese. I don’t advocate for women/wife beaters. I advocate for due process, irrespective of dramatized allegations. Huge difference pal.

Sounds like you just are Active around Men's Rights.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Question: Why does this seem to happen often with NFL players? You don't hear of many of these cases from NBA, NFL, NHL players.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Sounds like you just are Active around Men's Rights.

No affiliation whatsoever. As a military member, I was against the invasion of Iraq. As a member of a SWAT Team, I was openly opposed to professional misconduct and excessive use of force. As a white dude, I’m and advocate for the promotion of black fathers in their children’s lives (where some crazy statistical majority aren’t present, for one reason or another). I might be an anomaly, but I’m not a “men’s rights” guy (although, as a man happy in a monogamous heterosexual relationship, I do appreciate MGTOW).

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thats not how it works around here. You have to become completely outraged immediately even if we do not know anything about the story yet.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You have to get these type of players off your team but not great to add another $3 million of dead money this year and $2 million more next year.

Not a great start.

I thought these contracts always had a morality clause that allowed you to pull out if a player commits some kind of heinous act. Was this all upfront bonus money and that's why they can't recoup it?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
FAR more players in the NFL.
OK. Doesn't explain why there are so many incidents of domestic violence and other acts of stupidity in other leagues. I've never heard of player pulling a gun on someone, getting caught with kilos of weed in their trunk, drug abuse, murdering people, domestic violence, etc. Not to the degree of what goes on in the NFL.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK. Doesn't explain why there are so many incidents of domestic violence and other acts of stupidity in other leagues. I've never heard of player pulling a gun on someone, getting caught with kilos of weed in their trunk, drug abuse, murdering people, domestic violence, etc. Not to the degree of what goes on in the NFL.
:shrug: more people means higher percentages. Then you have more aggressive people in football than in baseball or basketball.

Hockey has a more blue collar culture where some of the NFL can be a thug culture (Aaron hernandez and the like).

I mean, are you thinking you have the answer? Or did you wonder out loud just to shoot down others thoughts?

It's not concussions, or it would be happening in hockey.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:shrug: more people means higher percentages. Then you have more aggressive people in football than in baseball or basketball.

Hockey has a more blue collar culture where some of the NFL can be a thug culture (Aaron hernandez and the like).

I mean, are you thinking you have the answer? Or did you wonder out loud just to shoot down others thoughts?

It's not concussions, or it would be happening in hockey.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
No I don't. I'm truly baffled. And it isn't anything new. Blenda Gay's wife cut his throat while he slept because he would continuously beat her. As for aggressive, don't know how old you are but in the 70's and 80's...well, the term "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" was not just a pun. And I'm not trying to shoot anyone's answer down, just stating a fact. As for concussions, you're right and hockey players with CTE aren't killing themselves either.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No I don't. I'm truly baffled. And it isn't anything new. Blenda Gay's wife cut his throat while he slept because he would continuously beat her. As for aggressive, don't know how old you are but in the 70's and 80's...well, the term "I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out" was not just a pun. And I'm not trying to shoot anyone's answer down, just stating a fact. As for concussions, you're right and hockey players with CTE aren't killing themselves either.

Article is a little dated but the NBA has more arrests and usually for domestic abuse

Here is a breakdown of professional sports arrests in the last three years for violent or drug-related crimes:

• The NHL has the best-behaved players by a wide margin.
• Baseball players have the second-lowest arrest rate and few incidents of violent crime. MLB arrests are usually for DUI.
• The smallest league of the four major American sports is the NBA. But basketball players have the highest arrest record of the four, with domestic abuse topping the list of offenses.
• According to the FBI, the NFL arrest rate is 1 in 45. The national average for non-players is 1 in 23.
• Hockey and baseball players have very few arrests for domestic violence; the NHL and MLB sometimes go for years without a single arrest for domestic issues.
• The NFL and NBA have the widest variety of charges—domestic abuse; assault and battery; DUI; reckless driving or behavior; and drug-related crimes.

My best guess is that NHL and MLB have extensive minor league systems for problem players to wash out. You really have to earn your way to the big leagues.

The NBA and the NFL take young men and lavish them with riches and immediate starts in the majors.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose