Claimed: Jeff Holland

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not much on him. Signed by Denver as an UDFA last season and assigned to the practice squad. Played 3 games last year assisted on 6 tacked and had one solo. Camp body, nothing more.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Not much on him. Signed by Denver as an UDFA last season and assigned to the practice squad. Played 3 games last year assisted on 6 tacked and had one solo. Camp body, nothing more.

If you do not have much on him, how can you say he's just a camp body and nothing more... that's a probable prediction but they did claim him off of waivers instead of some other guy and having a guy like Gardeck running with the ones does not really mean he could not possibly stick

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Reality, UDFA who will probably have a slim chance of making the roster and if he does it speaks to what we have behind the starters which will be not much. There are reasons why these guys are UDFA. Fringe players are all they are at best and emergency players when you have exhausted every other option available to you.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you do not have much on him, how can you say he's just a camp body and nothing more... that's a probable prediction but they did claim him off of waivers instead of some other guy and having a guy like Gardeck running with the ones does not really mean he could not possibly stick
Because he has zero body of work. There's nothing about him that screams "hey, we have something here". He's a camp body with maybe fleeting aspirations of him possibly making the team. I see at best him being on the practice squad.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My opinion & an obvious one at that, he showed some potential while playing for VJ in Denver. Even ending up on the practice squad there. After the Broncos preseason last yr, for all we know he could've been one of those tough coaches decisions? So they placed him on the practice squad.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
My opinion & an obvious one at that, he showed some potential while playing for VJ in Denver. Even ending up on the practice squad there. After the Broncos preseason last yr, for all we know he could've been one of those tough coaches decisions? So they placed him on the practice squad.

I believe he played at Auburn (SEC) and was no slouch. I'm not just going write him off when a guy like Gardeck currently has prominent expectations
https://auburntigers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=4434

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Usually this is a familiarity thing. Joseph knows him. Knows his potential and what he can do.

Will it work out? Usually not, but sometimes it does and sometimes is good enough.

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Every now and then we find a Kwamie Lassiter.

The guys on the practice squad aren’t miles behind the other guys- it’s tough to make the 53-man, and if he can make the PS, he has a good shot at being activated at some point this year. VJ probably knows him well, and sees he has a good opportunity to make the organization roster if he shows in these final weeks. We need way more help than he can provide, but I’m assuming he adds to our depth in some capacity, hence the waiver claim.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Is Zach Brown a 4-3 ILB? Maybe that is why Keim has refused to bring him in the last couple of years. But then again we just signed Hicks away from PHI and they run a 4-3 and signed Brown this offseason to a 1 year deal.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
This is a very confusing athlete to evaluate. There were a few scouts that had him among the top pass rushing LBs in the SEC. I think he had 10 sacks one year. He went to the combine and did poorly. This is always a dilemma; go by what you see or what the numbers say. They’re rare but a few guys do play well above their numbers. I presume if Joseph said grab him, because he saw something. Holland probably won’t make it but I wouldn't write him off too quickly.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose