• D) Steven Hauchka OT Chip Shot Miss

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • E) Other

Votes: 5 16.7%

• Total voters

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Which missed FG was more egregious? Leaving playoffs out of it, which was the worst miss:

A)
You must be registered for see images attach

B)

C)

D)
You must be registered for see images

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If we are leaving the circumstances out of it, then the two here at U of P were the worst because of the indoor conditions.
I think the Minn/Sea one was the worst based on the circumstance. Minn should have won that game. It was like a 22 yarder. I know it was freezing conditions but that was bad.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Neil ODonaghues( sp) miss against the Redskins.
As bad as O'Donamiss was, you can't fault him for that. I blame Hanifan for that. There was plenty of time to run an out of bounds pass(there was no clocking it back then) but they dillied around for a few seconds then rushed the kicking team out for a long FG. I'm not saying O'Donamiss would have made it but he had a good leg and given a chance to actually line up and kick instead of rush he would have had a better shot.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As bad as O'Donamiss was, you can't fault him for that. I blame Hanifan for that. There was plenty of time to run an out of bounds pass(there was no clocking it back then) but they dillied around for a few seconds then rushed the kicking team out for a long FG. I'm not saying O'Donamiss would have made it but he had a good leg and given a chance to actually line up and kick instead of rush he would have had a better shot.
Not blaming him . That was far from a gimme. But it was the most gut wrenching one for me.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
He choked on that big time but it wasn't an easy kick. Watch Four Falls From Buffalo 30 for 30 on this. Gives an interesting perspective on this game and the subsequent 3 other Super Bowl losses by Buffalo.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think John Carney's missed extra point when he was on the Saints was the worst missed kick.

The Saints scored on an unbelievable play as time ran out. All they needed was the extra point. Instead Carney shanked it and the Saints ended up getting eliminated from the playoffs because of the miss.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So many memorable missed kicks, it's a shame to see the kicking game deemphasized in "football" of all things.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Non playoff game
Rackers vs the Bears on Monday night football
However bad that was, that loss was in no way on Rackers. That loss was on Dennis Green and Dennis Green alone. You don't play a dominating football game on both sides of the ball then simply put the ball in your pocket and hope for the best. The Cards were moving the ball at will in that game but once we went up 23-3, Green simply played the equivalent of the 4 corner stall, especially after the Leinart strip sack TD. IIRC Urlacher even said he knew where James was going to be running because Green called the same running play time after time. Then there was the stupidity of actually kicking to Hester. Oy.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I said leaving playoffs out of it meaning a missed kick simply losing a playoff game should have no bearing in what was the worst FG.
In this context then option D is the worst of the 4. It was a 27 yard FG and he missed the posts by like 5-10 yards.