What I Saw

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
Barksdale was an option to re-sign after decent RT play last year, but no word they’re even interested. He can damn sure pass protect and would come fairly cheap.

Reactions: PJ1

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Letting Barksdale go was a mystery to me too. He came in off the street and was immediately better at RT than anyone we've had there in years.

Reactions: PJ1

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The tackles didn't show poor lateral movement on the sack - they got blown by while they were still in their stance because Shipley snapped the ball on the wrong count. Kyler even bobbled it because he wasn't expecting the ball.
Okay I wondered this because the entire defensive line rushed while our entire left side stood still. I wondered who didn’t know the snap count!

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Then you would have noted that both tackles missed the snap count.
So you’re saying these 2 D-linemen are so fast that when they moved they were completely by the OTs and couldn’t have been chipped. I’m sorry but that’s not what I’m seeing. The OT’s job is to be alert enough to at least slow rushers no matter what. Sure it’s much easier for an OT to to do so when he has the edge of going with the snap, but OTs have to be alert to protect even they lack the advantage. They weren’t focused to respond.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you’re saying these 2 D-linemen are so fast that when they moved they were completely by the OTs and couldn’t have been chipped. I’m sorry but that’s not what I’m seeing. The OT’s job is to be alert enough to at least slow rushers no matter what. Sure it’s much easier for an OT to to do so when he has the edge of going with the snap, but OTs have to be alert to protect even they lack the advantage. They weren’t focused to respond.
Harry - Some clarification please:

Is the problem that those OT guys are physically too slow? Or is it that they blew it mentally?

And if the problem is mental, can't the two offending OL's be coached out of making the same mistake going forward?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I have hope, will fan for this team and hope for the best - until proven otherwise - still think run game is the engine on offense and it is an afterthought- not a primary weapon - still think the higher risk offense and qb will decrease our championship abilities. Core players getting older - new core players developing.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
People need to keep our o line in perspective. Their top end with this personnel is league average. The only way that changes is if we trade for a player who is better than average.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the play 3 times. It didn’t look like he reacted to me. With Murray if Edmonds just chips these guys it may be enough.

Keim basically said Edmonds blew the assignment on Friday

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just shows you are a trained observer to catch the breakdown and have it confirmed by the GM.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So the OT's should anticipate that they may screw up the snap count?

OK... fine!