Official Training Camp Thread

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
So one thing I've been thinking....

What if the talk of going 4 wide is just a clever ruse? What if the team is actually planning on using DJ as the 4th wide and Chase Edmonds as the single back?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What if the talk of going 4 wide is just a clever ruse? What if the team is actually planning on using DJ as the 4th wide and Chase Edmonds as the single back?
I think both schemes are in the playbook - how much we use either (or others) depends on matchups and opposing tendencies.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One thing I liked about KK is he said many times we will adjust to the defense and matchups . If Murray lights it up we will see a lot of 6 db’s. When that happens we will run the ball and probably quite successfully.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
8/10/19, 1:38 PM
Kingsbury on TE Charles Clay, on PUP with knee issue, and if Cards are still confident in what he can do: "If you look at his body of work in his career and the way he's been utilized, it made sense what he can do in our offense. We saw that this spring." Back sooner than later.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Darren Urban (@Cardschatter)
8/10/19, 1:38 PM
Kingsbury on TE Charles Clay, on PUP with knee issue, and if Cards are still confident in what he can do: "If you look at his body of work in his career and the way he's been utilized, it made sense what he can do in our offense. We saw that this spring." Back sooner than later.
All well & good, but he can't help us if he ain't playing. Aside from that - I wonder if our being very thin at TE had anything to do with SK and MB's decision to overhaul offensive scheme, HC and personnel to favor a multi-receiver spread/shotgun system.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Josh Weinfuss (@joshweinfuss)
8/10/19, 1:57 PM
Kliff Kingsbury on preparation for the Cardinals' second preseason game: "I think anytime you have nationally televised game and the Oakland Raiders coming into town, it'll be a great opportunity to try and get a week better."