OL Claim Target - Alex Lewis?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't understand. Is he a FA?

Ravens waived OG Alex Lewis.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lewis has drawn some trade interest, so it is possible he is traded instead before the move becomes official. Either way, he is on his way out of Baltimore after joining the team as a fourth-round pick back in 2016. He was mostly underwhelming over 18 starts during his stay with the Ravens and is currently recovering from offseason shoulder surgery, although he reportedly recently passed a physical. Even so, it sounds like he will find a new team in the near future.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/nfl/player/687/alex-lewis

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Somebody on this o line will be replaced before the season starts via waiver wire or trade. Look at teams that been coached by Kugler. Imho.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ravens waived OG Alex Lewis.
NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Lewis has drawn some trade interest, so it is possible he is traded instead before the move becomes official.
Wait, what? He's been waived, but the Ravens could change their mind and trade him instead, "before the move becomes official"?! So, i guess he has NOT been waived then? :shrug:

...dbs

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait, what? He's been waived, but the Ravens could change their mind and trade him instead, "before the move becomes official"?! So, i guess he has NOT been waived then? :shrug:

...dbs

My guess is that the Jets found out the Ravens were going waive him and felt we would pick him up so offered to trade something to the Ravens so they could "jump" ahead of us and get him. Maybe this is a common practice where teams announce their intention of waiving a player hoping someone will trade for that player instead of letting him hit the waiver wire.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My guess is that the Jets found out the Ravens were going waive him and felt we would pick him up so offered to trade something to the Ravens so they could "jump" ahead of us and get him. Maybe this is a common practice where teams announce their intention of waiving a player hoping someone will trade for that player instead of letting him hit the waiver wire.

That may very well be the case. I understand the waiver wire now works to our benefit, but with the current status of both our OL & DL, if we truly want someone, we better do whatever is necessary to get them. For me, that especially rings true on the DL. If we can't stop the run, that will significantly reduce the amount of time K1 is on the field. The less we see of K1, the uglier our season becomes.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That may very well be the case. I understand the waiver wire now works to our benefit, but with the current status of both our OL & DL, if we truly want someone, we better do whatever is necessary to get them. For me, that especially rings true on the DL. If we can't stop the run, that will significantly reduce the amount of time K1 is on the field. The less we see of K1, the uglier our season becomes.
The waiver wire is ours for now but we don't have it for the whole season. Stop having #1 priority right before the first game or a few games into the season, can't remember exactly which one?