Bosa wasn’t even out there and the pressure K1 was getting was rediculous
And don’t get me started on the last play where they both almost got K1 killed
Good news was K1 was super smart and dove down
The o line will be the death of this team
They’re out of shape
They’re not talented enough
And they don’t show the heart that respects what K1 can do
Keim has some splainin’ to do
At some point Mike B, Keim and KK May have to decide to sit K1 before the o line gets him killed....I’m not joking. You don’t wrap a $1,000,000 crystal glass in a plastic bag and mail it and expect it to get there in one piece...it’d be bad but if the o line is as bad as we see them I don’t have an issue later on in the season just sitting K1 and just admitting the entire o line just isn’t enough right now to risk K1.
UR thoughts?

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The last play may have been a miscommunication by someone. The fact that both tackles just seemingly let their guy have the outside with basically no resistance at all just seemed weird. The only other pressure I can think of was on the play where Johnson stepped out of bounds. Here's to hoping that as they see more and more snaps together they will look better.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was the Chargers number 2 DEs
Bosa wasn’t even out there and the pressure K1 was getting was rediculous
And don’t get me started on the last play where they both almost got K1 killed
Good news was K1 was super smart and dove down
The o line will be the death of this team
They’re out of shape
They’re not talented enough
And they don’t show the heart that respects what K1 can do
Keim has some splainin’ to do
At some point Mike B, Keim and KK May have to decide to sit K1 before the o line gets him killed....I’m not joking. You don’t wrap a $1,000,000 crystal glass in a plastic bag and mail it and expect it to get there in one piece...it’d be bad but if the o line is as bad as we see them I don’t have an issue later on in the season just sitting K1 and just admitting the entire o line just isn’t enough right now to risk K1.
UR thoughts?

It actually was only two plays that were bad. One where the OT's missed the snap count, and the one where murray scrambled, which was quite bad because every lineman but shiply got beat on the play - but even so Murray almost bailed us out.

But on most of his other plays they did quite well, especially the screen to David Johnson.

I am far, far more concerned about the starting D's inability to stop the run.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
on the K1 sack, its like DJ Humpries didn't even get out of his stance

it feels like there is no in between with him: either looks like an all-pro blocking a guy, and then two plays later -- doesn't lay a hand on the guy he is responsible for.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early but OL is always a question with this team. No depth at all. What stood out to me on both sides of the ball was this team just isn't very physical.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No doubt that the OL is a cause for concern. But, if we are to be objective, we have to remember that the OL takes time to gel. If they can't stay healthy then it will take even longer, as your 'unit' has to learn on how to play as a unit. No doubt (in my mind) that we need the next offseason to fix this problem. In the meantime we'll have to depend upon KM's athleticism. Probably need another difference maker on defense, also. But, for me, we're moving in the right direction.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It actually was only two plays that were bad. One where the OT's missed the snap count, and the one where murray scrambled, which was quite bad because every lineman but shiply got beat on the play - but even so Murray almost bailed us out.

But on most of his other plays they did quite well, especially the screen to David Johnson.

I am far, far more concerned about the starting D's inability to stop the run.

So out of 10 plays 2 were bad? You understand that is awful, right?

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So out of 10 plays 2 were bad? You understand that is awful, right?
And one of those two was a miscommunication and that can be forgiven in the first game of the preseason.

I certainly wouldn't argue that the O-line won't be bad this year, but I think we should be willing to give it a little time before we write them off as terrible.

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score
Just make the trade for Trent Williams, I just dont understand the hesitancy. You have DJ on the last year of his deal and he cant stay on the field, you have Williams who can be had for pennies on the dollar in a trade, you have close to $100M next year in CAP room, and you have the #1 pick whos got more potential than any player we've ever had. Go get the damn tackle to protect him Steve...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Just make the trade for Trent Williams, I just dont understand the hesitancy. You have DJ on the last year of his deal and he cant stay on the field, you have Williams who can be had for pennies on the dollar in a trade, you have close to $100M next year in CAP room, and you have the #1 pick whos got more potential than any player we've ever had. Go get the damn tackle to protect him Steve...
DJ isn't on the last year of his deal. He has two years left on his extension.

You don't trade for Trent Williams because he is on the wrong side of 30, hasn't played a full season in 5 years, and is going to cost you a boatload of money that could be used on young players or even 2-3 guys along the line.

Dante

All Star
Reaction score

You don't trade for Trent Williams because he is on the wrong side of 30, hasn't played a full season in 5 years, and is going to cost you a boatload of money that could be used on young players or even 2-3 guys along the line.

He's an FA after this season according to overthecap:

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/arizona-cardinals/

Unless you're referring to David Johnson not Humphries?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

MoeIsBetter

SPA Co-Commishioner
Reaction score

Was talking about Humphries, not Johnson. And Hump is on the last year of his deal and also cant stay healthy. But at least Williams has been dominant in a way that Hump never has been.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the opening drive in slow motion and the starters were not bad at all. They broke down on the one scramble but other then that every guy held their own. It’s already been documented the miscommunication on the sack. That being said it doesn’t squelch my concern on the oline.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Besides the two busted plays, I don't know what your talking about... We drafted a super mobile QB, because we can't seem to build a good O-line... And it looked great, he bought time with his feet, and most times there was no one within 5 yards of KM when he threw it.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too early but OL is always a question with this team. No depth at all. What stood out to me on both sides of the ball was this team just isn't very physical.

The starters aren't good either
I don't think any journeyman replacing Pugh can do much worse

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

He could be our Andrew Whitworth IMO. I think you get him for a 3rd or later.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Pugh is putrid. He may be the worst signing keim has ever made.

But, I'm not sure cole is any better.

None of this is a surprise though, I have expected our oling to be subpar this season still - even without injury.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The last play may have been a miscommunication by someone. The fact that both tackles just seemingly let their guy have the outside with basically no resistance at all just seemed weird. The only other pressure I can think of was on the play where Johnson stepped out of bounds. Here's to hoping that as they see more and more snaps together they will look better.

I think you're right as someone said I think either KM got the snap count wrong or the tackles did.