Colin Cowherd - “I’d Take Dwayne Haskins Over Kyler Murray”

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meanwhile Colin is still bitching about Baker Mayfield having fun off the field and spends his days praising Dak Prescott. Dude is good at betting but nothing else.

He has certainly been duplicitous in his dealings with Mayfield.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's early but he's reportedly behind Keenum on the depth chart and Jay Gruden says they're not in any hurry. Said that the biggest issue for him is lack of experience, he's having trouble picking up new things, the veteran guys have been there so they pick it up fast, it's not registering as well for Dwayne because he's new. So he's not saying he's not smart he's saying the system is new to him. That's where KM has a big advantage the system is NOT new to him.

He was hard to evaluate in college IMO, most of the games were TOSU having a large talent edge, him choosing which wide open WR to throw to with plenty of time to make the decision. Same thing with KM btw.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cowherd has no idea what hes talking about.

Haskins may very well be a great NFL QB and be better than Kyler Murray, but it won't be for the reasons he discusses, which are derived from sheer ignorance. Murray is not a running QB and any comparison to Cam Newton is meaningless.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How long have you been waiting to break out that word? And don't be duplicitous about it. :)

It's a situational word because what he has done is not just lie. He basically has smeared Mayfield on the radio and on his show and then denied doing it to his face but then goes back to doing it again.

Cowherd is really a slimeball sports guy.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I know it's preseason, but Daniel Jones had a GREAT start for the Giants, going 5-5 for about 55 yards and a 26 yard TD pass, on his first drive. Most NY FB fans who hated the draft pick, will quickly jump on the DJ bandwagon.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No opinion on what KM is yet really, because he hasn't taken a single snap. He's a dual threat guy. That's what i know.

I do agree with Cowherd. I want a pocket passer. Those are the guys having long careers and winning playoff games it seems.

Clearly R.Wilson is the best dual threat guy out there today. Never misses time which bumps him over Cam who seems to be chronically banged up.

KM has a chance to be that guy but the odds say no.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No opinion on what KM is yet really, because he hasn't taken a single snap. He's a dual threat guy. That's what i know.

I do agree with Cowherd. I want a pocket passer. Those are the guys having long careers and winning playoff games it seems.

Clearly R.Wilson is the best dual threat guy out there today. Never misses time which bumps him over Cam who seems to be chronically banged up.

KM has a chance to be that guy but the odds say no.

K1 is a pocket passer, who has the ability to escape WHEN NEED BE. He can throw any pass, will have the quickest release in football, and id deadly accurate. Why would that be a negative??

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Crazy talk.

Haskins played really well when he had a clean pocket, but was abysmal when pressured (73 QB rating). That is one of the most important traits to look at when evaluating a college QB, and for some reason Haskins has gotten a pass on this.

What Cowherd fails to grasp is that Murray isnt like Lamar Jackson who looks to run before looking to throw. Hes more like Wilson in this regard.

And then Cowherd says Wilson doesnt take a lot of hits....he does when he stays in the pocket because the Seahawks offensive line has usually been a bottom five offensive line most years.

Alot of intellectual sloth in this segment.
Sometimes Colin Cowherd is spot on with his thoughts & other times he's a turd. In this case, I hear the toilet flushing lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
People don’t realize being a smaller QB helps you more than it hurts you when you’re on the run. QBs like Cam, Watson, Wentz, & Mariota are bigger than most DBs & even a few ILB which will give them the mentality to at least run through them & fight for those extra yards which brings more hits. Russell realizes he’s smaller than a majority of the players on the other side & will not do that. Kyler will do the same.
Couldn't have said it better myself, well said brother, well said.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right. Dual threat QB.
Not just dual threat, 100% true dual threat. I see this too many times, football talking heads & recruiting gurus say a QB is a dual threat, only to find out he can't really pass worth a poo lol. Obviously they can run, just because they have arms doesn't mean they are great passing QB's lol. KM can pass the football for sure & is lighting quick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose