Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FTR - Cam got injured in the pocket

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Crazy talk.

Haskins played really well when he had a clean pocket, but was abysmal when pressured (73 QB rating). That is one of the most important traits to look at when evaluating a college QB, and for some reason Haskins has gotten a pass on this.

What Cowherd fails to grasp is that Murray isnt like Lamar Jackson who looks to run before looking to throw. Hes more like Wilson in this regard.

And then Cowherd says Wilson doesnt take a lot of hits....he does when he stays in the pocket because the Seahawks offensive line has usually been a bottom five offensive line most years.

Alot of intellectual sloth in this segment.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I threw this in file 13 as soon as he referred to Murray as a running QB under the pretext apparently to him he cannot throw or rather infers he cannot throw which means he obviously knows nothing about him or most probably is in desperate need for some attention and ratings are down... go Cards!

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Throwing in that sCam Newton comment seems to undermine his own point that Murray is too small. If gigantic sCam still gets hurt by getting hit by a smaller guy, isn't he then saying that being huge didn't help him? And following that logic, I'd counter that being smaller and much more agile could have kept Murray from taking that hit in the first place.

The other point he misses is that Murray CAN throw. He's not Michael Vick - great runner, cannon for an arm, but unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Murray can make all the throws, AND run like Vick - and maybe even better than him.

I'm still skeptical that Murray turns into a superstar worthy of the top pick in the draft, but I like that the Cards rolled the dice on him because the upside could be huge. Very anxious to see him play at this level.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Throwing in that sCam Newton comment seems to undermine his own point that Murray is too small. If gigantic sCam still gets hurt by getting hit by a smaller guy, isn't he then saying that being huge didn't help him? And following that logic, I'd counter that being smaller and much more agile could have kept Murray from taking that hit in the first place.

The other point he misses is that Murray CAN throw. He's not Michael Vick - great runner, cannon for an arm, but unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Murray can make all the throws, AND run like Vick - and maybe even better than him.

I'm still skeptical that Murray turns into a superstar worthy of the top pick in the draft, but I like that the Cards rolled the dice on him because the upside could be huge. Very anxious to see him play at this level.
People don’t realize being a smaller QB helps you more than it hurts you when you’re on the run. QBs like Cam, Watson, Wentz, & Mariota are bigger than most DBs & even a few ILB which will give them the mentality to at least run through them & fight for those extra yards which brings more hits. Russell realizes he’s smaller than a majority of the players on the other side & will not do that. Kyler will do the same.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I can't stand Colin Cowherd but I'm glad to see he's wising up in his older years :D.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Last night the local talk show radio guys we're saying how Murray left 500 rushing yards on the field last year, and that he could have easily eclipsed the 1,500 yard rushing mark. He would break containment, but still throw, even with open field in front of him.

Murray is pass-first all the way Colin. Big time.

And, and, he protects himself when he does run. Lots of sliding, no fighting for extra yards, unless absolutely necessary.

Maybe Haskins will be better than Murray. Who knows at this point. Haskins has a good arm, and good vision.

But to me Haskins = Very good prospect, while Murray = once-in-a-generation, maybe even a once-in-a-lifetime prospect.

Easy decision.

Last edited:

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He's the QB of your team. Get over it already. I wanted to keep Rosen as well but that didn't happen. We have Murray & I'm going to root like hell for him to succeed.

Get over yourself.IMO the Murray pick is one of the biggest mistakes this team has ever made.Until proven differently that`s my feeling .

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Last night the local talk show radio guys we're saying how Murray left 500 rushing yards on the field last year, and that he could have easily eclipsed the 1,500 yard rushing mark. He would break containment, but still throw, even with open field in front of him.

Murray is pass-first all the way Colin. Big time.

And, and, he protects himself when he does run. Lots of sliding, no fighting for extra yards, unless absolutely necessary.

Maybe Haskins will be better than Murray. Who knows at this point. Haskins has a good arm, and good vision, although he'll be a sitting duck behind that suspect Giant's offensive line.

But to me Haskins = Very good prospect, while Murray = once-in-a-generation, maybe even a once-in-a-lifetime prospect.

Easy decision.

I agree with your post. Pretty sure Haskins is a Redskin though. Lol.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Daniel Jones is on the hottest seat of all. New Yorkers protesting in the street before he got his first toe into town.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Meanwhile Colin is still bitching about Baker Mayfield having fun off the field and spends his days praising Dak Prescott. Dude is good at betting but nothing else.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No need to get all up in arms. A lot of people think Haskins will be better.

They’ll decide it on the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA