The Zane Gonzalez Dilemma

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Very disturbed over the talk of his performance during the this Spring and Summer. Every point will count this season (especially early). I see this as the greatest weakness on the team (greater than the offensive line at 40% health). I think that this may not have been adequately addressed with all of the other issues that the new staff had to deal with. Concerned?

Kai

Veteran
Reaction score
Very disturbed over the talk of his performance during the this Spring and Summer. Every point will count this season (especially early). I see this as the greatest weakness on the team (greater than the offensive line at 40% health). I think that this may not have been adequately addressed with all of the other issues that the new staff had to deal with. Concerned?
Ummm where’s your pappoules picture?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Here in NY, Jet fans are bemoaning last weekend's performance of the Cat Man. He missed an extra point and hit the right upright on a 45 yard FG attempt.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I still think Parker is well worth a look. Yea, he doinked several last year but I look at it this way, a few doinks are still pretty accurate kicks. 6-12 inches and those are good FGs. It's not like he was missing kicks by yards.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
......may not be an issue. If the OL is as oft-injured and lacking talent as it has been in the past, the team won't need a kicker.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I’m getting concerned that he seems like the Drew Butler for KK. He keeps saying “he’s really good when he’s confident”. Really? So we have to worry about his performance if he’s having a bad day?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would like some sort of competition but he is for sure not our greatest weakness. It is likely to be the OL. IMO.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Roberto Aguayo and Zane Gonzales are two of the best kickers I’ve ever seen in college and both have just flamed out. Both are way to inside there own head

For whatever reason, there is a long tradition of great college kickers flaming out in the pros: Russell Erxleben, Steve Little, John Lee, the many Zendejas, just off the top of my head.

Now that I think of it, a lot of them ended up on the Cardinals at some point.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm concerned as well.

In the one practice that I went to I saw Zane tee up two balls during a break. The first one went wide right with no chance. The second one went left. Those were the only kicks that I saw so it was a small sample size. Still not encouraging at all.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm concerned as well.

In the one practice that I went to I saw Zane tee up two balls during a break. The first one went wide right with no chance. The second one went left. Those were the only kicks that I saw so it was a small sample size. Still not encouraging at all.
There was a breeze in the stadium that day.lol

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Yes it’s concerning, it seems like we haven’t had stability in our kicking game in a long time .

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Roberto Aguayo and Zane Gonzales are two of the best kickers I’ve ever seen in college and both have just flamed out. Both are way to inside there own head
So were Steve Little & John Lee, both drafted by Big Red in rounds 1 & 2 :bang:

When a kickers mind goes & he struggle for several games it’s time to cut bait imo.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So were Steve Little & John Lee, both drafted by Big Red in rounds 1 & 2 :bang:

When a kickers mind goes & he struggle for several games it’s time to cut bait imo.
There;s a reason why both of these failed in the NFL and that's because their numbers in college were inflated because they kicked off of a tee. Once they were in the NFL and had to kick off of the ground they were exposed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose