Devin Booker off season 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why they didn't have the link to that article in that tweet but I tracked it down. They also list the top 23 players under 23 and Donovan Mitchell isn't included because he will be 23 when the season starts, that's their cutoff and why Booker is there but not Mitchell and others.

Ayton is listed at #12, behind the top 10 there and Jaylen Brown at #11.

Here is the link for those interested.

Still do not like their list. I guess Ayton's 20.54 PER doesn't mean anything.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
and contributed next to nothing as far as making the team better than they were the year before. assuming that is what really hurts Ayton in most of these list.
Agreed.

Still though..... Mitchell is an atrocity.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed.

Still though..... Mitchell is an atrocity.

Do you watch the NBA at all? He's a borderline All-Star guard, like Booker, who is a better ballhandler than Booker but Booker is a better scorer. Mitchell is also an average defender. I'm not saying he's better than Booker but he's close to being on his level. He's not an atrocity that's for sure.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do you watch the NBA at all? He's a borderline All-Star guard, like Booker, who is a better ballhandler than Booker but Booker is a better scorer. Mitchell is also an average defender. I'm not saying he's better than Booker but he's close to being on his level. He's not an atrocity that's for sure.

I think he is saying that Mitchell not being on the list is an atrocity. And I'd agree.

I'm not sure which is worse, Mitchell and Ayton being off the list or Ingram being on the list.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think he is saying that Mitchell not being on the list is an atrocity. And I'd agree.

I'm not sure which is worse, Mitchell and Ayton being off the list or Ingram being on the list.
Ah. I missed what DrJ was saying too. I guess the cutoff was under 23 when the season starts. Mitchell turns 23 just before the start, Booker just after.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

The amount of stupidity of ppl on Twitter discrediting other players b/c they’re compared to their favorite player is cringeworthy. Mitchell is a freak level talent.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The amount of stupidity of ppl on Twitter discrediting other players b/c they’re compared to their favorite player is cringeworthy. Mitchell is a freak level talent.
Wow. This is spinning out of control fast.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score

Mitchell is not on the list because Mitchell turns 23 before the season starts.

Ayton is not on the list because the creator of this list is freaking stupid and put Ayton 13th or so.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I.E. It was an atrocity to leave him off.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Agreed. My bad for not being clear.

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Literally ran into Mark Aguirre at the old Phoenix Suns stadium, and that dude had e HUGE thighs. He was way bigger than he looked on TV.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately for me, I don't know what those abbreviations mean.

TS% is true shooting percentage. These abbreviations drive me crazy as well.

I think the other is usage percentage.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
And that list can be easily divided into two categories, those who were good defenders and those who were not. Aguirre and Booker in the latter, everyone else in the former. That also divides the stars from superstars.

Booker can still improve in that area.