Crabtree signed

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At this rate it should be, "traded for Trent Williams yet"?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he played at Texas Tech, under Mike Leach. He should know the basics of the system already.
Everything points to a guy familar with the system & who can teach it to our other receivers. Whether or not he's capable of making more of an impact than the guys we've already got remains to be seen.

It will be interesting to see how K2 juggles the issue of whether teaching, pure talent or production can best help the team - both long and short run.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Brian - You quote me referring to "useless Crabtree."

The quote was out of context (& infers that I thnk Crabtree isn't very good). I don't know much about Crabtree one way or another - other than that a bunch of folks here seem to feel he's chronically underperformed during much of his pro career.

I used the word "useless" to describe the waste of time discussing what turned out to be a non-trade and not to evaluate Crabtree as a player.

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I don't love or hate him I guess the concern is it probably means as others are saying that Isabella and Butler are not there yet.

He's not a speed guy but has good hands.

I suspect it's also a comfort thing they know we have a young QB and they want to give him some experienced guys because there's going to be tons of broken plays this year?
He has terrible hands.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't love or hate him I guess the concern is it probably means as others are saying that Isabella and Butler are not there yet.

He's not a speed guy but has good hands.

I suspect it's also a comfort thing they know we have a young QB and they want to give him some experienced guys because there's going to be tons of broken plays this year?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Not even counting the drops after this was posted as well.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has terrible hands.

inconsistent. He makes catches that are wow catches, and he drops balls in his hands.

But yeah good hands is not accurate he's annually up there in drops league wide.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Not even counting the drops after this was posted as well.

and yet....I'd take every one of those receivers on our team except for D. Thomas and that's just because he's a bit long in the tooth.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
inconsistent. He makes catches that are wow catches, and he drops balls in his hands.

But yeah good hands is not accurate he's annually up there in drops league wide.
Actually, what makes me nervous is that we have somewhere between 12 and 16 presumably talented receivers on our depth chart but still feel the need to add another one (warts & all).

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this thread and he isn’t even signed???? Blahaha

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score

This is coming from the same guy that said the Cardinals had signed Crabtree.

Im seeing reports that they also worked out former Cowboys WR Terrance Williams.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian - You quote me referring to "useless Crabtree."

The quote was out of context (& infers that I think Crabtree isn't very good). I don't know much about Crabtree one way or another - other than that a bunch of folks here seem to feel he's chronically under-performed during much of his pro career.

I used the word "useless" to describe the waste of time discussing what turned out to be a non-trade and not to evaluate Crabtree as a player.

It was just a joke. I just cropped your quote on both sides. :)

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Something is up. I see what Isabella can become and what they might see in him in the future but for the pros he's still a body catcher and this is something they are working on. The windows are tight in the NFL and if Isabella is attempting to catch a quick pass in pro traffic, he is going to drop some balls using his body and not his hands and they're seeing this (get a slew of jug machines for him and let the kid keep going). I heard from the Burns and Gambo podcast their speculation that maybe Kevin White has not satisfy their expectations and this is why Crabtree was brought in for a veteran presence but I think this is pure farce. White's problem is staying healthy and he offers more ability than Butler. White played in this style of offense in college and would be foolhardy to replace him if the guy can just stay healthy, because in my opinion his physical gifts are more than Butler. Fitz, Kirk, Johnson and yes White are the only guys right now I would depend on with that caveat on White... oh, and Sherfield because he can freaking catch

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I reckon we’ll keep 8 WR and 2 TEs

My bet is on Fitz, Kirk, KJ, Butler, Isabella, Sherfield, Bryd, White with the TEs being Clary and RSJ

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The Cardinals are very happy with the development and prospects of the three WRs they drafted this year.

The Cardinals know the three drafted wrs aren't ready to handle the full load week 1 and want another vet WR.

Both of these statements can be true at the same time.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He knows the system, so you wait until after week 1, so salary isn't guaranteed.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OMG! George W. Bush was still president when Michael Crabtree played in an Air Raid offense!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

This is coming from the same guy that said the Cardinals had signed Crabtree.

Im seeing reports that they also worked out former Cowboys WR Terrance Williams.

Florio is an absolutely clueless ***** who hates the Cardinals.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose