Marcus Gilbert injured

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I won't be too worried about this until we get close to week 1. This is the time of year that you are going to sit out for minor injuries as being healthy for the regular season is far more important. If these injuries are bleeding into the regular season I will be worried, but I don't see the point in being all up in arms about every little injury in training camp.
Do we really know specifically what Gilbert's, Shipley's or Pugh's injuries are or are we prematurely hitting the panic button?

(As someone pointed out, some of our OL's may be rested as SOP for our aging vets and not for anything serious. Or not).

I'm ready to move into panic mode, but I'd feel better if I was sure if those concerns were really legit.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Do we really know specifically what Gilbert's, Shipley's or Pugh's injuries are or are we prematurely hitting the panic button?

(As someone pointed out, some of our OL's may be rested as SOP for our aging vets and not for anything serious. Or not).

I'm ready to move into panic mode, but I'd feel better if I was sure if those concerns were really legit.
I don't know for Gilbert, but Pugh is expected to miss about 2 weeks so I would guess that is a minor injury and they are just playing it safe.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I won't be too worried about this until we get close to week 1. This is the time of year that you are going to sit out for minor injuries as being healthy for the regular season is far more important. If these injuries are bleeding into the regular season I will be worried, but I don't see the point in being all up in arms about every little injury in training camp.

with a completely new o-line, new "unseen before offense" and a rookie QB, I don't see how anyone wouldn't be at least a little concerned about our already iffy o-line having less time to practice with each other and learn how to play with each other.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I didn't love the idea initially, but a 3rd for Trent Williams is looking like an ideal plan right now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just asking but hasn’t he been dealing with injuries too?
Yup, & that’s why I don’t want to trade for Trent unless it’s for a 4th(no way in hell Skins accept that). He has been having durability problems the past few years as well.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Everyone is micro analyzing any news in order to help continue whatever narratives they have had all season

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So it sounds like Keim's OL selections are injured and his WR picks aren't living up to expectations.

S H O C K I N G

Reactions: Kai

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Do we train and condition differently from other teams? Could we do it better?
When you sign players that can't stay healthy on their previous teams, I doubt it's a Cards strength and conditioning issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The biggest failing of the Keim regime has been his inability to identify and develop cheap OL talent. NFL teams routinely draft and develop guards and centers on the third day of the draft. The fact that Keim hasn't even found ONE interior lineman who has turned out to be good is IMO the biggest stain on his record, especially considering he was an O Lineman himself.

Ridiculous.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant read the tweet. Anyone want to give me the gist of the injury? timeline, etc.
Tweet from yesterday- Gilbert left practice halfway through with an apparent injury, talked to the trainer and didn't return.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest failing of the Keim regime has been his inability to identify and develop cheap OL talent. NFL teams routinely draft and develop guards and centers on the third day of the draft. The fact that Keim hasn't even found ONE interior lineman who has turned out to be good is IMO the biggest stain on his record, especially considering he was an O Lineman himself.

Ridiculous.
maybe he drafts guys that remind him of himself.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
These injuries to Pugh and Gilbert wouldnt be alarming if there were a few good young OL prospects waiting for a shot.

Cunningham showed glimpses, but hes still not close to getting a shot yet. I guess Cole could be fine at guard, but damn...there just isnt good continuity on this line.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave