Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get Out

Release date: February 24, 2017
Studio: Universal Pictures, Blumhouse Productions
Director: Jordan Peele
MPAA Rating: R (for violence, bloody images, and language including sexual references)
Screenwriter: Jordan Peele
Genre: Thriller, Suspense

Starring: Daniel Kaluuya, Allison Williams, Bradley Whitford, Caleb Landry Jones, Catherine Keener

Plot Summary: In Universal Pictures’ Get Out, a speculative thriller from Blumhouse (producers of "The Visit," "Insidious" series and "The Gift") and the mind of Jordan Peele, when a young African-American man visits his white girlfriend’s family estate, he becomes ensnared in a more sinister real reason for the invitation.

Now that Chris (Daniel Kaluuya, "Sicario") and his girlfriend, Rose (Allison Williams, "Girls"), have reached the meet-the-parents milestone of dating, she invites him for a weekend getaway upstate with Missy (Catherine Keener, "Captain Phillips") and Dean (Bradley Whitford, "The Cabin in the Woods").

At first, Chris reads the family’s overly accommodating behavior as nervous attempts to deal with their daughter’s interracial relationship, but as the weekend progresses, a series of increasingly disturbing discoveries lead him to a truth that he could have never imagined.

Equal parts gripping thriller and provocative commentary, "Get Out" is written and directed by Peele ("Key and Peele") and produced by Blumhouse’s Jason Blum, as well as Sean McKittrick ("Donnie Darko," "The Box"), Peele and Edward H. Hamm Jr. ("The Box," "Bad Words"). The film also stars Caleb Landry Jones ("X-Men" series), Milton “Lil Rel” Howery ("The Carmichael Show"), Betty Gabriel ("The Purge: Election Year"), Marcus Henderson ("Pete’s Dragon") and Keith Stanfield ("Straight Outta Compton").

You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Horror Film Earns Coveted 100 Percent On Rotten Tomatoes

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/jordan-peele-get-out-rotten-tomatoes_us_58ae08dbe4b01406012f7905

The actor Jordan Peele is best known for his comedy, or his impression of former President Barack Obama. That may change this weekend, based on early reviews of his inaugural film ― a fusion of comedy and horror set to debut in the U.S. on Friday.

“Get Out,” a psychological thriller written and directed by Peele, earned a coveted 100-percent score on the film review aggregation website Rotten Tomatoes.

That means that all reviews for the film on the site so far ― 40, as of Wednesday evening ― are positive. To put that into perspective, only four films of hundreds released in 2016 earned a 100-percent rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Peele described “Get Out” as a “social thriller,” according to entertainment news site IGN. The film is about a young black photographer (played by Daniel Kaluuya) visiting his white girlfriend’s family in upstate New York.

* edits made to prevent minor plot/theme spoilers

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That's crazy because this look blahhhh to me.

Need confirmation from an ASFNer before I go for this.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Firs thing I thought of when I heard the title...

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
That's crazy because this look blahhhh to me.

Need confirmation from an ASFNer before I go for this.

Well, here you go, Bert. I thought it looked dumb too, but a friend convinced me to see it today. Really, really well frickin' done movie. I liked it a lot. One of very few good modern horror movies. Yes, it was extremely predictable--sometimes step-by-step--but I didn't care.

asudevil83

Reaction score
Thought this was a surprisingly well-done movie. A bit predictable, but good.

The cliche about horror movies is the characters are fairly stupid and get themselves in these predictable situations. With "Get Out" I found that the main character questioned everything that he saw in the same manner the audience would.

The third act was a little over the top, but over-all a i was satisfied.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Thought this was a surprisingly well-done movie. A bit predictable, but good.

The cliche about horror movies is the characters are fairly stupid and get themselves in these predictable situations. With "Get Out" I found that the main character questioned everything that he saw in the same manner the audience would.

The third act was a little over the top, but over-all a i was satisfied.
By the end you just wanted to be there right beside him helping him out.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Posted on the wrong thread, but recently saw this movie. Freakyyyyy....

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Was it realistic that he went ape-***** and killed so many? Maybe not, or maybe that was his only option. Gory ending.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just saw this movie, really enjoyed it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave