Yuma

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watching Book bomb from outside, and then the video of Ty and Cam, the outside game should be improved this year. Dario and Aron can also fill it up from the three. We conceded the mid-range scoring from TJ to Ayton and Book. Everyone else has to fill it up from the outside or go to the rim.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wow Ayton not even in top 10. That's insulting.

Yeah he should’ve made it in. Obviously Zion is mega hyped and Tatum has made the playoffs so they’ll be put on a pedestal over Book. No point in wasting time arguing because that narrative won’t change until he does.

What’s interesting is Fox and Booker. He is going to a big time problem and projects like Wall with jump shot upside but I’d still go with Book comfortably.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shai is not there yet. Ayton put up better stats. He should minimally have had the 10th spot.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fox is way too high. Ayton is better than Shai, Ingram, and Jackson right now. I think they just forgot about Ayton.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That list would probably make my top 10 list for bad top 10 sports lists. If we're talking about performance to date, IMO it should be something like Booker, Murray, Tatum, Ayton, Doncic, Fox, Young, SGA, JJJ, Ingram and Zion. If we're projecting forward based on overall ability and health expectations it should probably be something like Zion, Booker, Ayton, Doncic, Murray, Young, JJJ, Fox, SGA, Tatum, Ingram.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That list would probably make my top 10 list for bad top 10 sports lists. If we're talking about performance to date, IMO it should be something like Booker, Murray, Tatum, Ayton, Doncic, Fox, Young, SGA, JJJ, Ingram and Zion. If we're projecting forward based on overall ability and health expectations it should probably be something like Zion, Booker, Ayton, Doncic, Murray, Young, JJJ, Fox, SGA, Tatum, Ingram.
No Donovan Mitchell on that list. He is 22. He might deserve to be first on the list. What about Markannen? I would take him over Ingram. DLo is not on the list either. In fact, I would take Kuzma over Ingram. It is just a horrible list on many levels.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
No Donovan Mitchell on that list. He is 22. He might deserve to be first on the list. What about Markannen? I would take him over Ingram. DLo is not on the list either. In fact, I would take Kuzma over Ingram. It is just a horrible list on many levels.
Mitchell had a great first season, but an average second.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Tatum is too high. JJJ and Ingram c'mon...

Zion could be a total flop with the lack of outside shooting, i mean he doesn't even look good from midrange let alone 3pt land and beyond.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How on earth is Fox above Booker? He's had one good season that wasn't as good as Booker was last year. Tatum looked like an average player last year, Ingram's been flat out lousy. That list is terrible.

EDIT: Donovan Mitchell isn't even on the list?! Good god. That is a worse oversight than Ayton.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ayton had a higher efficiency rating than every... single... player... on that list. Several by wide margins.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton had a higher efficiency rating than every... single... player... on that list. Several by wide margins.

and contributed next to nothing as far as making the team better than they were the year before. assuming that is what really hurts Ayton in most of these list.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
and contributed next to nothing as far as making the team better than they were the year before. assuming that is what really hurts Ayton in most of these list.

If team success is a defining measure then that list is even stupider than at first glance. Zion hasn't played a game, Booker was Ayton's teammate, Ingram is Beasleyesque.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Do they make these lists bad like this on purpose just to get clicks?

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How on earth is Fox above Booker? He's had one good season that wasn't as good as Booker was last year. Tatum looked like an average player last year, Ingram's been flat out lousy. That list is terrible.

EDIT: Donovan Mitchell isn't even on the list?! Good god. That is a worse oversight than Ayton.
He is too old for the criteria - 22 y.o. when the season starts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I found an article from January that lists the top 23 players under 23. It has a lot of differences compared to that other list. It was also written prior to a few big trades since it's from January. It has Lonzo and Ingram on the Lakers, and it also has Porzingis in New York. I can see some issues with this one but not nearly as many as that other top 10 list. You can tell it came from before Trae Young turned it on in the 2nd half of the season, which would move him up a few spots and definitely move him ahead of Collins, which is just one of the discrepancies, but it's not as far off on some guys as the other, IMO.

Since you need to click "next" a dozen times because it only lists 2 players per page, I figured I'd post the list order here as well as the write up for the Suns players. If you want to read their reasoning for anyone else then you'll need to check out the link here.

23. Trae Young - Hawks
22. John Collins - Hawks
21. Myles Turner - Pacers
20. Jaren Jackson - Grizzlies
19. Deandre Ayton - Suns
It is clear that Ayton did not need his one-year at Arizona. He stands at 7’1, weighs 250 pounds and was the consensus top prospect in this year’s draft. The Suns expected Ayton to come in and contribute immediately and he has done just that. Ayton is averaging 16 points, 10.2 rebounds and is shooting 60% from the field. He has the ability to post up down low, hit a mid-range shot or run the floor. With his skill set, Ayton can dominate the league for many year’s to come.
18. Lonzo Ball - Lakers (at the time this was made)
17. Dennis Smith Jr - Mavericks
16. Kyle Kuzma - Lakers
15. Luka Doncic - Mavericks
14. Lauri Markkanen - Bulls
13. De'Aaron Fox - Kings
12. Brandon Ingram - Lakers
11. Aaron Gordon - Magic
10. Zach LaVine - Bulls
9. Jaylen Brown - Celtics
8. Jamal Murray - Nuggets
7. Kristaps Porzingis - Knicks
6. Karl Anthony-Towns - Wolves
5. Nikola Jokic - Nuggets
4. Donovan Mitchell - Jazz
3. Jayson Tatum - Celtics
2. Ben Simmons - 76ers
1. Devin Booker - Suns
If someone called Booker the best scorer in the game, they might not be right but they can certainly have a good argument. He is averaging 23.5 points per game this season and 20.1 for his career. He delivered a 70-point performance last season. Not much more has to be said but at 22 years old, Booker might be the best young player to start a franchise with.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He is too old for the criteria - 22 y.o. when the season starts.

I doubt the minds at Bleach Report are that discerning, Booker turns 23 days after the season begins. I suspect that whatever dope came up with this crap list just flat out forgot Mitchell existed.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure why they didn't have the link to that article in that tweet but I tracked it down. They also list the top 23 players under 23 and Donovan Mitchell isn't included because he will be 23 when the season starts, that's their cutoff and why Booker is there but not Mitchell and others.

Ayton is listed at #12, behind the top 10 there and Jaylen Brown at #11.

Here is the link for those interested.