Crabtree signed

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not at all. He’s a 2nd round pick and the two other WRs who were drafted later are ahead of him by a decent margin, which is only getting wider. and being sidelined won’t help

Where do you see Butler listed ahead of him? Isabella is listed ahead of him and is out with a knee injury right now...

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2009 - 2011 - Alex Smith (3x Pro Bowler)
2012 - 2014 - Colin Kaepernick (Started in a Super Bowl)
2015 - 2017 - Derek Carr (3x Pro Bowler and mascara enthusist)
2018 - Elite Super Bowl Winner Joe Flacco

This is a terrible argument. Let me give you a better one:

He has experience in the Air Raid! This is surely the time he'll succeed!

One thing they have in common is that they are all below average to bad passers. Alex Smith went a full season in KC where he did not throw a TD to a WR! Kaep? Flacco? Derek Carr was good for two years and so was Crabtree those years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It never hurts to add more competition at wide receiver so I'm good with it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a reminder that even though Michael Crabtree was drafted in the top 10, he's not actually good.

2 seasons over 1000 yards
2 seasons with 9 TDs
2 seasons when he was in the Top 10 in receiving TDs, but never in yards or receptions

Blech.
I mean, he doesn't have to be a star to contribute, but I'm also not jumping up and down with the move. This makes me even more concerned about the WR position. 4 picks in two years at the position and we have to scrape for washed up receivers with a month until the season begins?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
How can you not like the signing? I think it's great - another weapon for K1
How can you not? Maybe because it's a WR who spent the entire offseason waiting for a call? That Baltimore, who has a bigger need at WR than we do, didn't want him back?

That it's an indictment of the resources we spent at the position already?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
List his quarterbacks.
You don't want to go down this road. Why? Because even without looking I can guarantee you that Fitz had more stiffs throwing at him than Crabtree and the argument isn't even close. Hell, it won't be an argument at all. For every David Carr or Matt McGloin throwing at Crabtree there is a Richard Bartel, Ryan Lindley, John Navarre, Shaun King, Tim Rattay, Max Hall, John Skelton, Derek Anderson, Bryan Hoyer or whatever cadaver the Cards ran through here and Fitz still excelled.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You don't want to go down this road. Why? Because even without looking I can guarantee you that Fitz had more stiffs throwing at him than Crabtree and the argument isn't even close. Hell, it won't be an argument at all. For every David Carr or Matt McGloin throwing at Crabtree there is a Richard Bartel, Ryan Lindley, John Navarre, Shaun King, Tim Rattay, Max Hall, John Skelton, Derek Anderson, Bryan Hoyer or whatever cadaver the Cards ran through here and Fitz still excelled.

Nobody is comparing him to Fitz. In the few years Crabtree had quality QB play, he performed well.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nobody is comparing him to Fitz. In the few years Crabtree had quality QB play, he performed well.
I'm just saying that you said who were Crabtree's QB and I pointed out that Fitz faced more stiffs in a season than Crabtree did in his career and it didn't effect him. Q too. So the QB plays into it but Fitz and Q were so special that they made it work with anyone.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
How can you not? Maybe because it's a WR who spent the entire offseason waiting for a call? That Baltimore, who has a bigger need at WR than we do, didn't want him back?

That it's an indictment of the resources we spent at the position already?

Rookie receivers are notoriously unproductive.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Rookie receivers are notoriously unproductive.
Weren't you the guy who was pimping that Kyler was gonna throw for like 4,000 yards plus this year?

To who? Notoriously unproductive rookie WRs?

Where are they going to get the reps to improve?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Weren't you the guy who was pimping that Kyler was gonna throw for like 4,000 yards plus this year?

To who? Notoriously unproductive rookie WRs?

Where are they going to get the reps to improve?

Larry Fitz, Kirk, DJ, RSJ, and the host of rookies.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not at all. He’s a 2nd round pick and the two other WRs who were drafted later are ahead of him by a decent margin, which is only getting wider. and being sidelined won’t help

A “decent margin?” C’mon TJ...

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Of course there aren't any Jerry Rice's in their prime unsigned at this time of the year. What Keim did was sign someone who could help this time and has been productive in the NFL. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Rookie WR's need time to develop and Keim is doing his best to add talent where needed on the team.

IMO some like to gripe just to gripe. I do welcome laying out Crabtrees stats and that he may not be a legit #2 WR but let's not hate the move.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Of course there aren't any Jerry Rice's in their prime unsigned at this time of the year. What Keim did was sign someone who could help this time and has been productive in the NFL. Damned if you do and damned if you don't. Rookie WR's need time to develop and Keim is doing his best to add talent where needed on the team.

IMO some like to gripe just to gripe. I do welcome laying out Crabtrees stats and that he may not be a legit #2 WR but let's not hate the move.
Let me clarify, I'm fine with the move, just shocked, and worried about the guys we picked if they're already looking to replace them before the first preseason game.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let me clarify, I'm fine with the move, just shocked, and worried about the guys we picked if they're already looking to replace them before the first preseason game.

Not sure Keim's trying to replace rookie WR's at this point but trying to make sure K1 has reliable targets this year. WR's typically take a year or two to develop.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not sure Keim's trying to replace rookie WR's at this point but trying to make sure K1 has reliable targets this year. WR's typically take a year or two to develop.

Really? How often does it happen that rookie WR’s come in and contribute in a major way their in their first season? I mean, did I miss it or did we draft MegaTron??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose