TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oh boy, only a couple of weeks.

Mason Cole is taking the spot for now, too, which almost guarantees he won't win the center role. Ugh.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh boy, only a couple of weeks.

Mason Cole is taking the spot for now, too, which almost guarantees he won't win the center role. Ugh.
I’d rather Shipley or Lamont stay at center than Mason. Don’t need anymore bad snaps.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't worry. Keim is here for at least two more years after this one.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’d rather Shipley or Lamont stay at center than Mason. Don’t need anymore bad snaps.
I don't want to destroy Mason Cole's progress by moving him to guard, putting him on the bench, bouncing him around, etc.

This is why this team's OL has been so bad. We don't give them any time to sit at their actual positions and build any chemistry.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't want to destroy Mason Cole's progress by moving him to guard, putting him on the bench, bouncing him around, etc.

This is why this team's OL has been so bad. We don't give them any time to sit at their actual positions and build any chemistry.
No, I’m saying I would just keep Cole at G, preferably LG, & let him stay there. Despite being drafted later, I like Lamont’s ability at C more than I do Cole. However, Cole should stay at the interior.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guard responsibilities are not much different than Center. I dont think it impacts anything and if Cole was going to be behind AQ, id rather him at guard getting experience than sitting on the bench learning more about the job he doesnt have.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
No, I’m saying I would just keep Cole at G, preferably LG, & let him stay there. Despite being drafted later, I like Lamont’s ability at C more than I do Cole. However, Cole should stay at the interior.
He's just not going to beat out Pugh right now on account of what we spent on the guy.

I'm still not sure why you're so sold on Gaillard, he's a 6th round pick. If he proves to be solid depth and not cut after camp, it will be a win. I know he stoned Quinnen Williams in a game, but that seems to be it.

Not to mention, Cole's been bounced around positions going back to college. Young linemen don't get enough reps as it is. I don't want last year to be a completely lost year at the draft, as I've mentioned in other threads.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's just not going to beat out Pugh right now on account of what we spent on the guy.

I'm still not sure why you're so sold on Gaillard, he's a 6th round pick. If he proves to be solid depth and not cut after camp, it will be a win. I know he stoned Quinnen Williams in a game, but that seems to be it.

Not to mention, Cole's been bounced around positions going back to college. Young linemen don't get enough reps as it is. I don't want last year to be a completely lost year at the draft, as I've mentioned in other threads.
He anchored arguably the best OLine for Georgia last season & was fairly consistent in the run & pass game for his time there.

Holding his own against Quinnen Williams is a bigger deal than you think it is.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
He anchored arguably the best OLine for Georgia last season & was fairly consistent in the run & pass game for his time there.

Holding his own against Quinnen Williams is a bigger deal than you think it is.
If he was that great, he would have gone before the 6th round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA