Crabtree signed

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They were saying WR was a big question mark this AM on 98.7 and they needed another outside guy besides Kevin White. Those guys didn't sound very impressed with Isabella and Butler.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isabella and butler are clearly not ready just yet and we cant put all of our eggs into kevin white and the other guys who have nothing to stand on. We have kirk, fitz, keesean and then two guys that arent ready to play.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Again, I still think Isabella was drafted way too early. Sure he produced against big schools but a lot of that production was in garbage time and they did not really even try to game plan against him because losing was not a threat against UMass. Butler is your big fast potential guy, hence a gamble as a pro. Johnson had the most solid attributes to be a pro and so far it shows. I can totally see them signing Crabtree and why... even if it's just to push the rookies to improve and with the current mix I find it hard to not think Kevin White is a starter

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Wonder if we will keep 8 wrs.

Fitz, Kirk
White, Crabtree
Isabella, Butler, Keeshawn
Byrd or Cooper?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Isabella has been garbage/injured during TC. Butler meh. I see why

It is funny to hear Jurecki not praise Isabella. Now that Jurecki is a company man, but even so, he can’t bring himself to lie

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
When your 2nd round WR is your 3rd best receiver from the rookie class, that’s really bad. If he were drafted in the 5th round, he would be on the bubble to make the roster

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this was a solid signing, but it's a continual mystery to me why this team depends so heavily on rookies or consistently injured vets to fill gaping holes in the team.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I asked around and the consensus is he’s still capable of being a solid number 2 receiver. I think the Cards see Fitz & Kirk as 1-2 but are thinking of Fitz inside. They haven’t been impressed enough with any of the drafted receivers to be confident they can be the 2nd outside receiver. The Cards definitely want to compete this year. Isabella has had a problem with drops and in traffic. Butler has looked okay as a potential red zone option but otherwise has not been special. They love Johnson but he’s raw. Also keep in mind the Cards will run formations with 4 and even 5 wideouts. This looks like an aggressive, solid signing.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
PFF ARZ Cardinals (@PFF_Cardinals)
8/5/19, 5:16 PM
Crabtree returns to the NFC West for the first time since his last season for the 49ers in 2014. He had a career-low 63.6 overall grade last season with the Ravens, but has posted a 71.7 or higher overall grade in 7 of his 10 NFL seasons, including a career high 91.3 in 2012.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This is a reminder that even though Michael Crabtree was drafted in the top 10, he's not actually good.

2 seasons over 1000 yards
2 seasons with 9 TDs
2 seasons when he was in the Top 10 in receiving TDs, but never in yards or receptions

Blech.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a reminder that even though Michael Crabtree was drafted in the top 10, he's not actually good.

2 seasons over 1000 yards
2 seasons with 9 TDs
2 seasons when he was in the Top 10 in receiving TDs, but never in yards or receptions

Blech.

List his quarterbacks.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
A bit early to make these types of statements, no? I mean, we haven't even played a preseason game yet, let along a real game...

Not at all. He’s a 2nd round pick and the two other WRs who were drafted later are ahead of him by a decent margin, which is only getting wider. and being sidelined won’t help

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
List his quarterbacks.

2009 - 2011 - Alex Smith (3x Pro Bowler)
2012 - 2014 - Colin Kaepernick (Started in a Super Bowl)
2015 - 2017 - Derek Carr (3x Pro Bowler and mascara enthusist)
2018 - Elite Super Bowl Winner Joe Flacco

This is a terrible argument. Let me give you a better one:

He has experience in the Air Raid! This is surely the time he'll succeed!