Madden 20

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Pretty fun. Games are definitely more competitive vs. the CPU.

Virtual Kyler is, if anything, faster than I expected.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I played a bunch of the training and then just lost to the chargers like 28-8. I'm rather Rusty

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm destroying everyone.

Kyler is EASY mode. Hes already almost in the mid 80s in his first season.

There is a shotgun play I run where I throw a fly to Isabella. One game Isabella had like 350 yards and 5 TDs.

What I'll do when I need yards is run a play with 4 wides all run intermediate to deep...and then run with Murray for easy 15 yards.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
David Johnson season ending pectoral muscle tear in like week 6. I traded for Austin Ekeler from the Chargers.

Gaillard has improved dramatically and is my starting center. Andy Isabella improves quickly, as does Byron Murphy.

Murray is already in the high 80s after game 11. When I need to convert a 3rd and long, I line up the team with receivers running verticals and wait a few seconds and then run Murray. Have had a few really long runs. Murray was knocked out of one game doing it LOL.

Jordan Hicks has like 5 interceptions, Peterson 8. Chandler Jones has 13 sacks, Zach Allen has 5 (I play as Allen). I run alot of big nickel with Ford as the extra SS. Swearinger had 3 sacks in the last game on blitzes. The strength of the Cardinals D is clearly in the secondary.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
played again. still suck now. need lots of work. Throw lots of interceptions.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You really have to read defenses. If a receiver is alone off man, throw the ball LOL, but take one last look to see if he's open before throwing.
I used to be really good. ill get it back. maybe.

is everyone on xbox? I am Sean McKillin

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jordan Hicks has like 5 interceptions, Peterson 8. Chandler Jones has 13 sacks, Zach Allen has 5 (I play as Allen). I run alot of big nickel with Ford as the extra SS. Swearinger had 3 sacks in the last game on blitzes. The strength of the Cardinals D is clearly in the secondary.

Did you make him sit out his suspension? :shrug: :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the default playbook for the Cardinals. It's extremely limited
I have mostly been just running our of shotgun formation and using the 6-8 different shotgun sets that are available.

I never considered it until now, maybe I could just use the chiefs playbook.

I am still learning all the options, RPO and etc mechanics though.

When you do the training mode and it puts you into a drill, it doesnt let you look at the play to see what receiver has what letter and etc so it makes it really hard to actually practice the drills since before you can read the defense, you have to see which button each receiver has assigned to them and cannot see that until after the ball snaps.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All the RPO plays I run turn into scrambles and then I get sacked. Is there a button you have to hit if you want to pass?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All the RPO plays I run turn into scrambles and then I get sacked. Is there a button you have to hit if you want to pass?
you have to pass before the handoff I believe. Or if you do not hand off and you are Murray, you should still have options to pass. Do they not appear? Ive been struggling with this stuff too. in exhibition, there is a training mode and somewhere in there is RPO training but there are a lot of bugs that make it difficult.

OP
OP
Dan H

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you have to pass before the handoff I believe. Or if you do not hand off and you are Murray, you should still have options to pass. Do they not appear? Ive been struggling with this stuff too. in exhibition, there is a training mode and somewhere in there is RPO training but there are a lot of bugs that make it difficult.

Yup that’s it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Don't scramble to the outside. It seems counter intuitive but go between the guard and tackle. Murray is faster than DJ in the game so just treat it as a run play

If it's man on a crossing route the LB guarding DJ will have to pick to come to you or continue to guard DJ.

If he comes to you just flip it to DJ for about 7.

If he doesn't come to you then Murray is rediculous in the open field in the game.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easiest play is the bunch 4 streaks with DJ crossing the formation.

If it's zone, you can hit Fitz after he gets past the LBs or scramble with Murray

If it's man you have 2 main options. #1 bomb to Isabella. He outruns a lot of coverage. #2. RPO with DJ

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the default playbook for the Cardinals. It's extremely limited

It's terrible. I run like three or four passing plays that are really effective. The Flood is a good play. Read the deep safety and if he doesnt run with the fly pattern, throw deep and Isabella/Kirk will hit a big gain. If the deep safety runs on the fly, look at the closest dig. If that's covered, look at the opposite side dig and hit that one.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Don't scramble to the outside. It seems counter intuitive but go between the guard and tackle. Murray is faster than DJ in the game so just treat it as a run play

If it's man on a crossing route the LB guarding DJ will have to pick to come to you or continue to guard DJ.

If he comes to you just flip it to DJ for about 7.

If he doesn't come to you then Murray is rediculous in the open field in the game.

Yeah most of my sacks I take are running off right tackle

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do I had only played franchise, maybe I have it on a hard mode. It said it's what is used online? I played a guy online today and was up 21-0 before he quit. I had two massive 40+ yards with DJ, no interceptions and the only time a ran Kyler on a go route pass play, I got leveled and fumbled the ball

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Do I had only played franchise, maybe I have it on a hard mode. It said it's what is used online? I played a guy online today and was up 21-0 before he quit. I had two massive 40+ yards with DJ, no interceptions and the only time a ran Kyler on a go route pass play, I got leveled and fumbled the ball

Murray got hurt twice in season one of franchise for me. I stopped running a ton once I realized how good of a passer he is.

I'm currently paused on the Super Bowl up like 50-3 on the Chiefs. Mahomes threw two pick sixes in back to back drives.

Enjoying the current Cardinals team. Lots of fun with all the young players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
After year one, I achieved Superstar X Factor with Murray and he gets ridiculously good on a whole another level. When you run in the open field he is more fluid and hard to tackle.

Fitz and Suggs both retired after winning the Super Bowl.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose