What will decide this season

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By the last couple of weeks of the season, I cared so little about the games, I wondered if I was losing my enthusiasm for pro football. It was revolting.

I actually have lost enthusiasm for pro football. Other than the Cardinals, I barely watch anything else about the NFL. And last year, we were terrible entertainment. I started watching the HOF game the other night and just switched channels.

I am more into college ball than the NFL and my time spent watching games shows it. At least double for college over the NFL. ten years ago it was flipped for me. The NFL has moved in a boring direction. IMHO

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I actually have lost enthusiasm for pro football. Other than the Cardinals, I barely watch anything else about the NFL. And last year, we were terrible entertainment. I started watching the HOF game the other night and just switched channels.

I am more into college ball than the NFL and my time spent watching games shows it. At least double for college over the NFL. ten years ago it was flipped for me. The NFL has moved in a boring direction. IMHO

This is exactly where I am at, I only watch NFL games if the Cardinals are playing, I might have the red zone channel or the game mix channel on in the background while waiting for their game but I am normally doing something else and it’s just noise. I don’t even watch highlights on NFLN or Sportscenter anymore...I used to be glued to the TV Sunday’s and watch all I could not sure what changed, maybe just getting older.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually have lost enthusiasm for pro football. Other than the Cardinals, I barely watch anything else about the NFL. And last year, we were terrible entertainment. I started watching the HOF game the other night and just switched channels. IMHO

Deja vu

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The folowing should be enough to get us to 8 & 8.

Murray has to successfuly execute at least 55.5% of his passing attempts.

K1 Picks kept below 1.5 - 2.0 a game

No major injuries

Equal number of good or bad breaks

Turnovers must equal takeaways

DJ has to average 60+ yds/game

OLBs and DB have to play to expectations.

DL has to hold opponents to under 60 yds/game

STs have to be at least average

To reach the playoffs, we'll need to do 5 - 10% better in just one of the above areas.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

If you’re more into college football than the pros, then you’ll love watching the Cardinals this year! Personally, I think I’ve always been more of a college fan. But, I do enjoy watching pro football when the Cardinals are competitive, and I love the playoffs!!

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

If the Cardinals were more relevant, I'm sure I would be more of an NFL fan, but last year was the lowest we've been in at least 15 years.

Also if ARZ had a clearly defined rival, that would help too.

I mean, I will usually DVR Texas games to watch most of the plays, and the day of the UT/OU game, I literally have a knot in my stomach before kickoff. There's nothing better than beating the shorthorns, but nothing worse than losing to them either.

That's one thing the NFL realignment really messed up for us. It took away our two games a year against our mortal enemy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Wild stuff, I can't get into college ball much at all. Maybe it's because I went to ASU, a school with the size and financing to have zero excuse for not being a competitive program, but college football is obnoxious in that if you lose one game, you're not winning it all, so by game one or two, you're mainly just rooting for a lame, forgettable bowl game.

I came into Phoenix the night Kalen Ballage tied the NCAA TD record and had a club/bar in Scottsdale mad that people were asking to put the game on a single TV instead of music videos.

At least the Cards can be the "worst team to ever be in the playoffs" and take another team to the final minutes in the Super Bowl.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose