Fitz is “ coming along “

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought for sure somebody would be posting here and knocking Murray.

I don’t know about any of you but I laughed out loud when Murray made the statement.

At Murray’s initial post draft press conference I was a bit worried. But the kid has grown on me and comes across as bright, poised and a bit funny. He appears to be confident but not cocky.

I know none of these traits automatically guarantees wins or success but this off season has been quite refreshing and offers something to look forward to.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought for sure somebody would be posting here and knocking Murray.

I don’t know about any of you but I laughed out loud when Murray made the statement.

At Murray’s initial post draft press conference I was a bit worried. But the kid has grown on me and comes across as bright, poised and a bit funny. He appears to be confident but not cocky.

I know none of these traits automatically guarantees wins or success but this off season has been quite refreshing and offers something to look forward to.

I am struggling to figure out how the title "fitz is coming along" ties into your post that people would be knocking murray?

I'm going to assume there is something out there where Murray is commenting on the playbook and saying Fitz is coming along? And if so, no reason to knock murray. Fitz is learning the system Murray has already been in.

Its like all these media reports about how Murray must be brilliant because he already knows the offense he has been in for the last 2 years. its a lame narrative and lazy IMO

OP
OP
slanidrac16

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s on cards website Murray’s press conference . 98.7 opened a segment this morning about a rookie talking about a 16 year vet as “he’s coming along.”

They ended up making light of it but I thought for sure there may be a darksider or two would read into it in a negative way. Glad I’m wrong.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's also short :)
You haven't heard? He is actually shorter than what he measured at the combine. They said it on ESPN so its true.

Not sure how he managed that. Maybe he suspended by his heels all night so his spine stretched and then ran out to get measured before the bones went back into place.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am struggling to figure out how the title "fitz is coming along" ties into your post that people would be knocking murray?

I'm going to assume there is something out there where Murray is commenting on the playbook and saying Fitz is coming along? And if so, no reason to knock murray. Fitz is learning the system Murray has already been in.

Its like all these media reports about how Murray must be brilliant because he already knows the offense he has been in for the last 2 years. its a lame narrative and lazy IMO
Slanidrac16: Dude - It like appears that you've hijacked your own thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It’s on cards website Murray’s press conference . 98.7 opened a segment this morning about a rookie talking about a 16 year vet as “he’s coming along.”

They ended up making light of it but I thought for sure there may be a darksider or two would read into it in a negative way. Glad I’m wrong.

Why? Murray was specifically asked how he thinks Larry is picking up the new offense... I'm not really sure what Murray was supposed to say, other than what he said. :shrug:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Kyler thinks Fitz is washed up and should be cut.

Kyler is a cocky little prick who doesn't respect veteran players.

Kyler is a horrible leader.

Does that work for you?

**not a Kyler darksider**

LOL

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I think Kyler is a little awkward, but whatever. What I don't understand is how a guy like Rosen gets criticized for his approach with media and interests when Kyler doesn't.

It's all good though, as Kyler has said, "it seems to work," when it comes to being himself and being a leader. There's a lot of ways to do it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think Kyler is a little awkward, but whatever. What I don't understand is how a guy like Rosen gets criticized for his approach with media and interests when Kyler doesn't.

It's all good though, as Kyler has said, "it seems to work," when it comes to being himself and being a leader. There's a lot of ways to do it.
Kyler, like Kawhi Leonard, seems like a really calm & collected guy. I’m not sure why a non-vocalized guy like Kyler would get criticized?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

Solar, I didn't want Murray either but I realize that he's now our Qbotf and Rosens gone. It's time to let it go until at least the games start and Murray plays like crap, then you can flame away.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Kyler, like Kawhi Leonard, seems like a really calm & collected guy. I’m not sure why a non-vocalized guy like Kyler would get criticized?
My concerns about him have been:

- As a QB, you should be a reasonably vocal guy on the field (I've heard examples of him calling out DJ Humphries already that allay my fears), and off. I still have some concerns that media scrutiny will eat him alive, but Phoenix isn't NY or LA. He might be able to get by.
- Kyler's non-vocalization sometimes comes off as being aloof or uncaring.
- That aloofness hasn't sold me, and seeds concern in me that he misses baseball. Which is fine - he's always been a two sport athlete, and it's like someone telling me I had to pick between comics and videogames. But I always am going to have the concern in the back of my head.

That's a lot to say about minor things, and only my fears, not anything concrete, so take it how you want it. If it helps for anything, I have 4-5 trade deals in place to acquire Kyler in tomorrow's rookie draft in my dynasty league, so it's clear I have some faith in him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Solar, I didn't want Murray either but I realize that he's now our Qbotf and Rosens gone. It's time to let it go until at least the games start and Murray plays like crap, then you can flame away.
Oh, I've let Rosen go. I just didn't understand the flak that was given to him for personality vs. Kyler. I was kinda trying to say that if one sounds spoiled and entitled, maybe the other should too, but I personally don't hold it against either.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
My concerns about him have been:

- As a QB, you should be a reasonably vocal guy on the field (I've heard examples of him calling out DJ Humphries already that allay my fears), and off. I still have some concerns that media scrutiny will eat him alive, but Phoenix isn't NY or LA. He might be able to get by.
- Kyler's non-vocalization sometimes comes off as being aloof or uncaring.
- That aloofness hasn't sold me, and seeds concern in me that he misses baseball. Which is fine - he's always been a two sport athlete, and it's like someone telling me I had to pick between comics and videogames. But I always am going to have the concern in the back of my head.

That's a lot to say about minor things, and only my fears, not anything concrete, so take it how you want it. If it helps for anything, I have 4-5 trade deals in place to acquire Kyler in tomorrow's rookie draft in my dynasty league, so it's clear I have some faith in him.

"seeds concerns that he misses baseball" Lol... Really? Seriously?

You should remember that all of your silly statements and baseless attacks are forever etched in electric stone Solar7.

You should think about how well these are going to age sir.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Does this mean that Fitz is finally making a real commitment to football? I just know he could be great if he did. :p

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Oh, I've let Rosen go. I just didn't understand the flak that was given to him for personality vs. Kyler. I was kinda trying to say that if one sounds spoiled and entitled, maybe the other should too, but I personally don't hold it against either.

Let it go man.

You need to destroy your Rosen shrine. He's gone man.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I'm just waiting until the real bullets fly, then we will see how this all sorts out. There's a lot of feel good news coming out of camp and it's the same for 31 other NFL teams right now. My biggest concern is no matter who you put behind center, if the Oline fails it will not make any difference and I am not convinced this Oline will hold up.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Begs the question:

To be a better than average QB, do you need to win the "Mr. Congeniality" award.

Restated - Can anyone provide examples of QB busts who were considered Locker Room heros? Vice versa?

My Point - Having a "great personality" is nice, but i think I'd place a higher priority on athletic talent

speedy

the medic
Reaction score

hahahaha.... way to stir the poo pot and then back away. You and my brother are so much alike!!