Worst Football Game You Ever Saw

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Most of last season's games. I watched to see when Rosen "broke out." The first game, in my mind, was about his best. 100 yard passing games, no run game, etc. Not trying to be snarky. The team last year seemed the least prepared NFL team I ever watched.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1. Browns vs Cardinals
11-16-03

Horrible. Worst game ever.

2. Every damn game last year. Seriously, last year was scarring.

3. Too many more. Jets/Lindley game, Monday Night Meltdown, Giants/Gramattica game, Rams/KurtWarnerfumble, and it goes on & on.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think one of the games we did NOT pass midfield all game! I could be wrong, but I thought we "accomplished" that stat last year in one of the games.
I believe it was the Rams game when we finally crossed midfield on the very last drive of the game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That was pretty much the end of Delhomme. He was never the same after that. What I loved about that game is that Daryl Johsnton was openly rooting for the Panthers the entire game to the point that it wouldn't surprise me if he was wearing a Panthers jersey and he kept on droning on how any minute now the Cards were going to blow it.

Exactly. We were up 30 halfway through the 4th & he was making comments like "The Panthers need to score on this drive if they still want to win this game". What a moron he was that night.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
3rd place - In 78 or 79 Philly beat us like 51-7.. that was tough to watch for a young crimson warrior.

2nd place - In the SDS days, the packers crushed us I think 38-0. A real nasty beat down. That one hurt too.

But the 1st rams game from last year was probably the most pathetic performance I've ever seen from this franchise. They were a million times better than us. Those two teams could have played a thousand times, and we would not have one once.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about our 2nd game last year when the Rams embarrassed us 34-0. We totaled a whopping 5 first downs & I'm not sure our offense ever passed midfield. Another absolutely boring game was a Monday Night OT tie back in October 1983 against the NYG. That game will always be remembered for 3 missed OT field goal attempts by Card kicker Neil O'Donoghue.

A few of my buddies and me road-tripped it to the Rams game last year. It was the worst game I ever saw in person and the atmosphere completely sucked as much as the game. Thug Ram fans tried to start fights with us, it was brutally hot, the beer lines were so freaking long, etc.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
3rd place - In 78 or 79 Philly beat us like 51-7.. that was tough to watch for a young crimson warrior.

2nd place - In the SDS days, the packers crushed us I think 38-0. A real nasty beat down. That one hurt too.

But the 1st rams game from last year was probably the most pathetic performance I've ever seen from this franchise. They were a million times better than us. Those two teams could have played a thousand times, and we would not have one once.

The Philly beat down (52-10) was in 81. I remember it well & to make matters worse, it was a home game.

The Packer loss was in 2000 @ SDS. The score was 29-3 & it was atrociously hot that day.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
The Philly beat down (52-10) was in 81. I remember it well & to make matters worse, it was a home game.

The Packer loss was in 2000 @ SDS. The score was 29-3 & it was atrociously hot that day.

Awesome stuff PaCardsFan. Thank you sir.

You're right of course about the GB game.. I was actually remembering the 2003 SEA game at SDS.. 38-0...

That's so weird. The Hawks have two wins over us by a combined score of 96-0.

F them... lol..

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then they beat us 38-0 in Philly meaning they outscored us 90-10 in 2 games that year. On the latter game, my dad went and busted my balls when he got home. Oh, and with the 52-10 game we actually had the lead after the 1st quarter. Then we went out the next week and shut out the Bills in Buffalo who ended up being a playoff team that year. Go figure.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Does this count?:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The Super Bowl was the worst. I’ll never watch it ever again. Ever. I can’t look away from any reference fast enough.
On the other hand, I’ve watched the Huskers take down Warren Sapp, Ray Lewis, Kenny Holmes and co. with two fullback runs up the gut for a National Championship, in their house, about 50 times.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
Worst game I've ever watched in person? That would have to be the Redskins game last year. I remember telling my dad the night before that it should be a close game since both teams should be evenly matched. Yeah, that was definitely NOT the case. By halftime we knew we were in some serious trouble. The sad part is there wasn't even anything remotely fun about that experience.

If we're talking any game, I'd have to go with the 58-0 loss at Seattle. I watched that game with one of my best friends who is a die hard Seahawks fan. Not a fun experience, and he still brings it up from time to time.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
That is the game where Jake Delhomme kept turning the ball over?
Funny story after the game we were on a packed rail and our stop was the last one. So as they unpack the car stop by stop when we get to the end there was a delhomme jersey hanging in the back with a note. Said free for a cards fan as he was the best player on your team tonight. I still regret not taking it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Remember going to sds when the cowpukes were in town? Those were the worst games...not because of what happened on the field but because it was always such a poor experience in the stands...hated every one of those games

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As Cardinal fans, we better go to heaven. Because we have all been to hell and back with this team while alive:cool:
As I've said, this is my 45th season and all but 12 were losing seasons with a couple .500 seasons and only 5 where we finished in 1st place. Even went through a period of 14 years between winning seasons. We may not be in hell but we're sure in purgatory. And I think we have to be the only team in history to win 10 games in a season twice and not make the playoffs.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2018 Week 1 Vs Redskins- That game was over by halftime.....and so was the season.

LOL at this game, as soon as this game was over I looked at my fiance and said we won't win more than 4 games this season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson