Official Training Camp Thread

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki)
8/1/19, 1:01 PM
#AZCardinals Kevin White has put together a solid couple of days in practice playing the X/WR position. According to special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers White will get an opportunity to work with the special teams unit. #CardsCamp

In order to make this team, he may have to show that he can produce at least something to special teams.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
In order to make this team, he may have to show that he can produce at least something to special teams.

I actually think that if he's healthy he can stick. He might be the best guy to play outside in this offense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Fitz
Kirk
Keeshawn
Isabella
Butler

Byrd, Cooper, White, Sherfield, Williams, Richardson

5 locks.

6 fighting for two to three slots depending on Special Teams involvement IMO. White better flash big time.

Chad Williams better polish up that CV!!!!! You gone!!!

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Craig Grialou (@CraigAZSports)
8/1/19, 11:19 AM
Kingsbury: Look for a "high percentage" of the offense to be out of the shotgun; added "the ball handling has been pretty good" re: handoffs out of the shotgun
#CardsCamp

This is one thing I've been wondering about as far as how Murray has looked in those sets where he is actually under center.

Anyone that's been to the practices have any insight?

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Mike Jurecki (@mikejurecki)
8/1/19, 1:01 PM
#AZCardinals Kevin White has put together a solid couple of days in practice playing the X/WR position. According to special teams coordinator Jeff Rodgers White will get an opportunity to work with the special teams unit. #CardsCamp
Looked good in the 2 practices I went to. Not a stand out, but real solid like the tweet says.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is one thing I've been wondering about as far as how Murray has looked in those sets where he is actually under center.

When I was at camp last Friday he was always in the shotgun.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Come on Big D they aren’t going to change much from what he did in college. Murray will be in the shotgun the majority of the time just like Mahommes is & what Kingsbury did at Tech.

You don’t change what worked & not keeping #1 in the shotgun the majority of the time is like trying to fit a square piece in a round hole. Do what you do baby :mrgreen:

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
Come on Big D they aren’t going to change much from what he did in college. Murray will be in the shotgun the majority of the time just like Mahommes is & what Kingsbury did at Tech.

You don’t change what worked & not keeping #1 in the shotgun the majority of the time is like trying to fit a square piece in a round hole. Do what you do baby :mrgreen:

Yea, I totally get all that. I was just curious if anyone has seen or even heard anything about those rare instances where Murray does take a snap from under center (if it's even happened) and what the early returns may be.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Just one QB that sums up the early days. Tom Tupa. Yep the one that played QB not the punter. Oh yeah they are the same person. At least I had hope for Graham.
We affectionately refer to Supa Tupa as “Six Pack” for his 6 interception game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Let's not forget that Tupa was a multiple year QB starter at Ohio State. Yes, he punted at OSU, but he came into the NFL PRIMARILY as a QB. We drafted him to be a QB, not a punter.
I don’t believe that to be true.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don’t believe that to be true.

You could be right, because only the Cardinals would draft a slightly above average punter in the 3rd round.

Tupa was drafted in the third round (68th overall) of the 1988 NFL Draft by the Phoenix Cardinals. During his rookie year, he was used exclusively as a quarterback, playing in two games and completing 4-of-5 passes for 49 yards. His second season with the team saw an expanded role. He started two games at quarterback, while registering six punts for 46.7 yards per punt. After spending the entire 1990 season as strictly a holder on kicks, he was the primary quarterback for the Cardinals the following year, playing in 11 games and throwing six touchdowns to 13 interceptions. He then joined the Indianapolis Colts in 1992, playing as a backup quarterback to Jack Trudeau and Jeff George.

That season also marked the last time Tupa was used regularly as a quarterback; since then he almost exclusively punted, with only emergency occasions or trick plays making use of his throwing skills.