Target Shooting in the East Valley?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Anyone have any spots that they go in the desert to just shoot some targets?

My Dad and I both bought shotguns, we're not hunters but we just want to go shoot some skeet. We don't like the range and plus the outdoor range out here is open till 5pm (what?)

We drove all the way out to queen valley and it's all freakin state trust land marked NO TARGET SHOOTING out there. Where the heck can you shoot anymore?

I just wanna be a dang 'murican and shoot my guns ya'll!!! Stop oppressing me Arizona!

Hope you guys are all good. I don't post much anymore but much love for the ASFNers as always.

Bert

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

My Dad and I both bought shotguns, we're not hunters but we just want to go shoot some skeet. We don't like the range and plus the outdoor range out here is open till 5pm (what?)

We drove all the way out to queen valley and it's all freakin state trust land marked NO TARGET SHOOTING out there. Where the heck can you shoot anymore?

I just wanna be a dang 'murican and shoot my guns ya'll!!! Stop oppressing me Arizona!

Hope you guys are all good. I don't post much anymore but much love for the ASFNers as always.

Bert
Four peaks road has a lot of spots but are you tossing the skeet?

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
33°42'04.1"N 111°29'23.7"W
3597 AZ-87, Pine, AZ 85544
https://goo.gl/maps/PJ6kKrHbT6kmUPW59

I found this spot looking for somewhere to shoot. It's a hidden valley over a hill. The pin is right when you go over the hill I think. I recommend 4x4. I took my stock Chevy Silverado.

The spot is about as perfect as you could ask for.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Four peaks road has a lot of spots but are you tossing the skeet?

We got an automatic trap or thrower machine thingy whatever it's called.

It's the skeet skeet 3000 or something. ;) Lil John is on the box so you know its quality.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
33°42'04.1"N 111°29'23.7"W
3597 AZ-87, Pine, AZ 85544
https://goo.gl/maps/PJ6kKrHbT6kmUPW59

I found this spot looking for somewhere to shoot. It's a hidden valley over a hill. The pin is right when you go over the hill I think. I recommend 4x4. I took my stock Chevy Silverado.

The spot is about as perfect as you could ask for.

Will check it out thanks dude!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got an automatic trap or thrower machine thingy whatever it's called.

It's the skeet skeet 3000 or something. ;) Lil John is on the box so you know its quality.
That was my only thought. It's not a shoot up in the air kind of place I don't think. Mist anywhere you go there are people within proximity. I've never used one of those so I don't know the trajectories and etc

Reaction score

Bert

Queen Valley is where we used to go all of the time. Drive passed the golf course into the desert. One day a ranger showed up trying to impress his girlfriend that was with him. He acted pissed that we were there. It was probably his mistress & we ruined his little tryst. :)

Reaction score
That was my only thought. It's not a shoot up in the air kind of place I don't think. Mist anywhere you go there are people within proximity. I've never used one of those so I don't know the trajectories and etc

From your pic I think he would be fine. Shotgun pellets don't travel far. If it's an area the size of a football field he should be fine with a 12 gauge.