OT: Rosen behind Ryan Fitzpatrick on Dolphins' depth chart

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Man, this team can just do no wrong in your eyes, can they?
I think it's less about the team doing right or wrong and more about the fact that only 32 people in the world can say they are the GM of an NFL team and openings to become one are infrequent. Then when one does come open, it's usually because the team is a mess. People who want to be GM's are going to be interested in the Cardinals if there was an opening here.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you seem like a real "chill" guy getting mad over a forum post and someone questioning reading comprehension, so you resort to ad hominems.

You keep making this assertion that I am somehow angry about something. Letting someone know they are being a douche to people does not equate to anger, bud. Find a better way to argue or try to understand how your posts clearly come off before acting like people cant read when they are clearly reading your words and commenting on your words.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FTFY

Works both ways.

Ironically, right now, Rosen has more NFL wins than either of them.

That's fine, I don't think Josh Rosen is starting material, I may be wrong, but he needs to fix his accuracy. Maybe he will turn out to be a reliable pro; perhaps he will be a career back up. All I know is you want your 1st rounder to be looking better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, who is a career journeyman.

OP
OP
Broseph

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You keep making this assertion that I am somehow angry about something. Letting someone know they are being a douche to people does not equate to anger, bud. Find a better way to argue or try to understand how your posts clearly come off before acting like people cant read when they are clearly reading your words and commenting on your words.

*I'm not mad*
Calls someone a douche over getting his feelers hurt on a football forum...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
*I'm not mad*
Calls someone a douche over getting his feelers hurt on a football forum...

It is funny how you insulted someone else's reading comprehension but then you seem to think I said you were acting like a douche over my own feelings. You weren't even talking to me.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Man, this team can just do no wrong in your eyes, can they?

I think it's less about the team doing right or wrong and more about the fact that only 32 people in the world can say they are the GM of an NFL team and openings to become one are infrequent. Then when one does come open, it's usually because the team is a mess. People who want to be GM's are going to be interested in the Cardinals if there was an opening here.

Yep.

Solar...you are so negative that you arent being at all objective.

My comment about young QB is my opinion and I think even if Keim gets fired after this year, some personnel guy will think they can fix the team.

I also think you are MASSIVELY underrating how bad Wilks and his staff were last year. Literally everyone was significantly worse under his stewardship.

Even if K2 isnt that good, it's a stretch to say he would be worse than Wilks was.

Go back and look at the Dave Mac Cardinals teams. Those teams so severely lacked talent. There wasnt a player on that roster as good as P2. Yes he added Boldin in his last season, but Boldin was easily the best player on that roster as a rookie.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Yep.

Solar...you are so negative that you arent being at all objective.

My comment about young QB is my opinion and I think even if Keim gets fired after this year, some personnel guy will think they can fix the team.

I also think you are MASSIVELY underrating how bad Wilks and his staff were last year. Literally everyone was significantly worse under his stewardship.

Even if K2 isnt that good, it's a stretch to say he would be worse than Wilks was.

Go back and look at the Dave Mac Cardinals teams. Those teams so severely lacked talent. There wasnt a player on that roster as good as P2. Yes he added Boldin in his last season, but Boldin was easily the best player on that roster as a rookie.
Also there is nothing to suggest that the defense won't be better under Joseph (especially going back to the 3-4 base) and it's hard to imagine the offense being as bad as it was last year as well.

Ultimately the coaching was simply horrendous last year and it can be seen by almost everyone on both sides of the ball under performing what they did just a season prior.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Also there is nothing to suggest that the defense won't be better under Joseph (especially going back to the 3-4 base) and it's hard to imagine the offense being as bad as it was last year as well.

Ultimately the coaching was simply horrendous last year and it can be seen by almost everyone on both sides of the ball under performing what they did just a season prior.

The national media narrative is alarmingly missing this aspect when they talk about the Arizona Cardinals.

That's why I find it laughable when people say they are going to finish 3-13.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
The national media narrative is alarmingly missing this aspect when they talk about the Arizona Cardinals.

That's why I find it laughable when people say they are going to finish 3-13.
I am also curious to see how Kliff's coaching style works out. He seems to be doing some things in the way he is running the camps that are pretty unorthodox (no pads yesterday, snack breaks in the middle of practice, cell phone breaks during meetings, etc). Maybe they will prove to be a great idea and maybe they will blow up in our face. I will be very curious to see how the team does injury wise this year as maybe a little less wear and tear in training camp will help the team to stay more healthy during the regular season.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I agree that it's hard to imagine another year of historically awful offense — I shudder to think to.

OTOH, I think that the combination of losing our best defensive player for 6 games and a defensive coordinator who objectively has been bad at making defenses good as a coordinator and head coach — in fact actively created defenses that were worse than before he arrived — make a defense that underperforms a middling unit (by DVOA) from the previous season imaginable.

The other thing to worry about on D is that they'll be put under pressure by an offense that plays fast but makes a dumb mistake — either turning the ball over or getting two first downs but only burning off 30 seconds of game clock before punting. Then the defense is exhausted by the middle of the third quarter.

The good news is that you have to be really bad to earn the top pick. Teams don't stumble into #1 overall. Even if the offense is in the mid-20s and the defense is in the mid-20s, we're going to win 5 or 6 games.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Look at how the Eagles made a decisive move to address LT BEFORE Peters is done. It will give Dillard time to adjust to the pro game before there is a crisis. Beautiful roster management.
Roseman IMO is the best GM in football. He doesn't spend a lot of money and yet is able to fill holes with quality players. Look at the Super Bowl team. He won it with a backup QB who at one time considered quitting the game altogether. 2 RB's who were on the scrap heap. Not one top tier WR. And a defense that was banged up. But he found pieces that worked and on paper at least is doing the same thing this season, however, there is no contingency if Wentz gets injured again.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I don't like the Kyler pick, but it has little to do with Rosen.

I'm just feeding the troll here so you can say "lololololol i triggered u," but whatever Rosen does over in Miami doesn't change my doubts about our current QB.

There's nothing about this situation that is going to make me feel better if Kyler turns out to be a middle of the pack QB, and Rosen sucks.

Of course how Rosen fares this year and beyond will not directly impact our team (save when he plays against us). Neither should it influence our evaluation of Murray's performance, as you've stated Solar7.

It's relevant however, because it allows us to evaluate if the Cardinals, and in particular Steve Keim, made the the correct decision in jettisoning him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Of course how Rosen fares this year and beyond will not directly impact our team (save when he plays against us). Neither should it influence our evaluation of Murray's performance, as you've stated Solar7.

It's relevant however, because it allows us to evaluate if the Cardinals, and in particular Steve Keim, made the the correct decision in jettisoning him.
It won't be relevant if Murray is playing well though. Rosen playing well wouldn't matter one bit as long as Murray plays well because there would be no guarantee whatsoever that Rosen would have still succeeded without being traded.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Oh for sure. I'm just making sure no one here thinks my personal feelings about Kyler or the team are influenced by a love for Rosen.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I am also curious to see how Kliff's coaching style works out. He seems to be doing some things in the way he is running the camps that are pretty unorthodox (no pads yesterday, snack breaks in the middle of practice, cell phone breaks during meetings, etc). Maybe they will prove to be a great idea and maybe they will blow up in our face. I will be very curious to see how the team does injury wise this year as maybe a little less wear and tear in training camp will help the team to stay more healthy during the regular season.
I really want to know how winning teams like the Patriots and Eagles run their practices. Military style and very stringent or relaxed.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I really want to know how winning teams like the Patriots and Eagles run their practices. Military style and very stringent or relaxed.
I suspect it just depends on the team. I would imagine that some teams are all business and some teams like to try and have some fun. What I will say is that a lot of times people are much more productive when they are enjoying what they are doing.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They should’ve traded or released Fitz after getting Rosen. There’s really no point in not starting Josh even if he’s inferior. Fitz is what he is.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Random Fitzmagic facts: He is from Gilbert, AZ and he has the highest score ever on the Wonderlic test by a QB. He reportedly took the test in about 9 minutes, reportedly left one question unanswered, and score a 48.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick is a career journeyman, he's serviceable, sure, but Rosen came into this league with the intentions of being a franchise guy and I highly doubt he will be nothing but a career back up, he's just not that good and I am astonished that there are people in this group that saw how Rosen played and still think this guy can be a good NFL QB.

NONSENSE.
Stupid post with a stupid premise.Judging anything thru the mess that was last season is premature,idiotic and plain freaking stupid.