I am going to beat everyone to this...

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Doesn't even have a chinstrap on. That helmet us just purely for looks.

DakotaCardsFan

Making time travel possible
Reaction score

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For the record, the Cards had some real winners come through here:

Steve Little(1st round pick no less)
John Lee
Neil O'Donahue
Novo Bojovic
Jess Atkinson
Eric Schubert
Jim Gallery
Greg Davis
Rich Gedney
Todd Peterson

To name several.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'll never forget that hurried kick he missed against the Redskins in 84 (I think 84 ?) That cost us the division title & a playoff birth. It was at old RFK stadium in D.C.

I don't think he ever stopped moving when he got on the field, and ran right into the kick which surprised me there was no flag for whatever reason but I guess since he missed they let it slide but they sure the hell generated a bogus roughing the passer call which was mind boggling

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think he ever stopped moving when he got on the field, and ran right into the kick which surprised me there was no flag for whatever reason but I guess since he missed they let it slide but they sure the hell generated a bogus roughing the passer call which was mind boggling
It was bogus on that penalty. If I recall right, Lomax did have enough time to throw the ball away & stop the clock. Setting up a FG try without having to run onto the field & kick it without getting set. He chose not to & the rest is history. I highly doubt NO would've made it even being set with the clock stopped? Would've been nice to have at least got the chance though.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
As a non contending team, give Zane a shot.

Kickers are fickle and he did well enough but being we were so crappy, he really did not get put on the spot for a pressure kick which is where a kicker earns their bread and butter... I am sure the Cards already have some kickers on their short list if Zane is not up to snuff

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forget that hurried kick he missed against the Redskins in 84 (I think 84 ?) That cost us the division title & a playoff birth. It was at old RFK stadium in D.C.

I was in the RFK stands that infamous day. Cardinals played a poor 1st half, but rallied all the way back to take the lead late. Then the officials took the win away from us. The MOST frustrating loss I've ever endured as a Cardinal fan. That was back in my competitive powerlifting days. I was ready & willing to bring a slew of Skins fans to the hospital with me. The problem was that they all agreed that we got screwed. Old RFK was quite the venue back then. Loudest stadium I've ever been in. Really tough on opposing teams. Skins really screwed up when they knocked that place to the ground. FedEx Field is a joke.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was in the RFK stands that infamous day. Cardinals played a poor 1st half, but rallied all the way back to take the lead late. Then the officials took the win away from us. The MOST frustrating loss I've ever endured as a Cardinal fan. That was back in my competitive powerlifting days. I was ready & willing to bring a slew of Skins fans to the hospital with me. The problem was that they all agreed that we got screwed. Old RFK was quite the venue back then. Loudest stadium I've ever been in. Really tough on opposing teams. Skins really screwed up when they knocked that place to the ground. FedEx Field is a joke.
I could literally see the CBS cameras shaking from all the jumping up & down going on in the stadium, watching it on tv. I was sick to my stomach after that game. I watched it with a Redskins fan, he was about to cry when we took the lead late, had been running his mouth the whole game. I was a sophomore in high school at the time.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
This may be the kiss of death, but my whole family was cheering on Zane Gonzalez during the draft and hoping the Cards drafted him. We were actually sad the Cards didn't draft a kicker. This is the guy I wanted the Cards to get originally. So yeah, probably I just jinxed the whole deal.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Rackers had a big leg & loved to hit people, but you can count on 2 fingers how many "clutch" kicks he made in a fairly long NFL career. I'll never forget the 51-45 playoff win against the Packers, when Warner took us down the field late in regulation only to see Rackers duck hook a 35 yarder & miss the goal post by a good 20 yards left. That dude drove me absolutely nuts.

I was there, so pissed when he missed that kick. Was there with the wife, my nephew, and a packer fan buddy that flew out with us.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Today Zane was talked about on 98.7.

Apparently the Cardinals have said they believe in Zane and they dont think that any challenger will pose a threat to him.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was there, so pissed when he missed that kick. Was there with the wife, my nephew, and a packer fan buddy that flew out with us.

I'm pretty sure that Rackers missed a FG at the end of the Cards/Skins game in MD that you were at also. Are you planning to be at the Ravens game in Baltimore in week 2?