Official Training Camp Thread

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
9. Andy Isabella was nothing home to write about. Nothing bad either. Was expecting more for a high second-round pick. He did have a drop fielding a juggs machine punt/kick-off. Pharoah Cooper fielded everything and looks really quick after catch.

FWIW, Isabella is a late second-rounder. Third-to-last in the second round, to be exact.

This is a workday for these guys; they’re only expected to put on a show at the Red/White practice next week. It’d be interesting to know who manages the coaching staff and team behind closed doors.

Fantastic update; thank you for sharing.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
FWIW, Isabella is a late second-rounder. Third-to-last in the second round, to be exact.

This is a workday for these guys; they’re only expected to put on a show at the Red/White practice next week. It’d be interesting to know who manages the coaching staff and team behind closed doors.

Fantastic update; thank you for sharing.
Thanks K9. You are right Isabella is a late second rounder. For some reason, I thought he was picked at 41.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Just one QB that sums up the early days. Tom Tupa. Yep the one that played QB not the punter. Oh yeah they are the same person. At least I had hope for Graham.

Yes, Tupa was awful. But, let’s not forget Stan Gelbaugh. He has to be mentioned in any discussion about garbage Cardinal QB’s of the AZ era.
As a QB, Tupa was an ok Punter! :cool: :cards:

You must be registered for see images attach

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This video, and the other pass rush video of Allen bother me - because on both he is moving around and through Pugh like he's a high schooler. Too me it says more about how bad he is than how good Allen is.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
As a QB, Tupa was an ok Punter! :cool: :cards:

You must be registered for see images attach

I'll never forget a game back in SDS where Rosenbach and Hogeboom were injured and Tupa had to start against the Bucs. He actually played ok and I remember we were driving at one point and all the adults were laughing and chanting TUPA, TUPA!

I was like 9 and asked why it was so funny. I didn't realize he was the punter lol. I was like well heck this guy is better than that Hogeboom guy leave him in there! :p

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll never forget a game back in SDS where Rosenbach and Hogeboom were injured and Tupa had to start against the Bucs. He actually played ok and I remember we were driving at one point and all the adults were laughing and chanting TUPA, TUPA!

I was like 9 and asked why it was so funny. I didn't realize he was the punter lol. I was like well heck this guy is better than that Hogeboom guy leave him in there! :p

Let's not forget that Tupa was a multiple year QB starter at Ohio State. Yes, he punted at OSU, but he came into the NFL PRIMARILY as a QB. We drafted him to be a QB, not a punter.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
7/30/19, 1:17 PM
Kingsbury said in presser today that he hasn't decided if veterans like Larry Fitzgerald will play at all in the preseason. Also, said like "most teams we'll be pretty vanilla" in preseason games

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
scott bordow (@sbordow)
7/30/19, 1:19 PM
Kingsbury also said battle between A.Q. Shipley and Mason Cole to be starting center won't be decided until near the end of preseason. Shipley has been getting majority of first-team snaps in practice however

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...p-winnerslosers-seven-rookies-creating-a-buzz

7 Rookies creating a buzz in camp. A couple of Cards listed:

6) KeeSean Johnson, wide receiver, Arizona Cardinals: There have been some whispers in Arizona as to whether rookies Andy Isabella and Hakeem Butler are truly ready to make an early impact. That's why the positive buzz around this sixth-round pick is notable. Johnson, not Isabella or Butler, is the only rookie already seeing some first-team reps for a squad that wants to play four wideouts consistently.

7) Kyler Murray, quarterback, Arizona Cardinals: Cardinals fans should not feel guilty about the giddiness that these Larry Fitzgerald quotes on Murray inspire:

"I've never seen a quarterback come in so quickly and be able to command an offense," Fitzgerald told Kurt Warner on "Inside Training Camp Live" Sunday. "I mean, from Day 1, he's out there checking the different plays, sliding the line, different protections, getting us in screens when blitzes are coming. His understanding of the offense is crazy."

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No pads today after a day off.

#camp_cup_cake

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Robert Alford
Keesean Johnson

Are the only standouts from today with no pads

Everything else was business as usual

Kyler looks good. Hundley is pedestrian need a legit backup.

Patriots would never go into a season with Hundley back there

Last edited:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Robert Alford
Keesean Johnson

Are the only standouts from today with no pads

Everything else was business as usual

Kyler looks good. Hundley is pedestrian need a legit backup.

Patriots would never go into a season with Hundley back there

The Patriots had Brian Hoyer last year. BRIAN HOYER.

Hundley is equivalent to Brian Hoyer.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
The Patriots had Brian Hoyer last year. BRIAN HOYER.

Hundley is equivalent to Brian Hoyer.
Sure Hoyer is equivilent to Hundley. Did you even see Hundley when Rodgers was out?

Seahawks traded a 6th for him and said kick rocks 5 months later for Paxton Lynch and Geno smith in his place

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Kyle Odegard (@Kyle_Odegard)
7/31/19, 10:37 AM
KeeSean Johnson not the same personality as his namesake. The rookie WR was asked if he wants the Cardinals quarterbacks to just throw him the damn ball. "Not like that. I just want to win as a team."
To be fair I don't think a rookie is going to come out saying things like that. Maybe in a few years after tasting some success his attitude will change, or maybe it won't. Impossible to say right now.