My Case As To Why The Cards Will Not Have As Bad A Season As Most Experts Predict

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited for the Cardinals coming season and having a team that can put points on the board. It's hard to predict winning percentage but I'm hoping for .500 or more. I'm counting on the offense to carry the team most games at least until Patrick Peterson returns.

It should be an exciting season which should make the team fun to watch.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The OL hasn't hit anyone yet. They won't even put on pads until tomorrow. Sweet fancy Moses how can anyone assess where the OL is at right now? How can anyone assess where anyone on this team is at yet?
This.

It's all that's frustrating me, the consistent counting of chickens before they've hatched. Stuff like "we're already better at QB" and "we can't possibly be worse?"

Let's get into pads, let's get into preseason.

OP
OP
NJCardFan

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This.

It's all that's frustrating me, the consistent counting of chickens before they've hatched. Stuff like "we're already better at QB" and "we can't possibly be worse?"

Let's get into pads, let's get into preseason.
Dude, it will take a special kind of ineptitude to be worse. It's almost as if you want us to be worse so you can "I told you so" the rest of us.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude, it will take a special kind of ineptitude to be worse. It's almost as if you want us to be worse so you can "I told you so" the rest of us.
It really won't. We made some of the riskiest moves in NFL history to repair this.

I don't want to be right at all. I don't want to watch my team lose. This is the first year I've ever been a darksider.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
All true. But as fan, always give your team the benefit of the doubt. No need to be negative yet. Last year at this time, I was looking forward to a smash mouth approach to football. By halftime of the opener, it was obvious that we were going to suck big time. No need to accept that position until it hits you right between the eyes. IMO, it’s highly doubtful that we won’t be considerably better. It’s almost impossible to be that bad.

I'm typically optimistic but I think the front office has to earn that optimism. I'm going to be skeptical of this group until they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm talking about people saying the Cardinals are going to be terrible.

What if Murray comes out and throws 28 TDs in year one? The Cardinals are not likely to be bad in that scenario.

Name the ROOKIE QB who passed for 28 or more TDs in year one?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Had Jackson been fired earlier, that Browns team would have won 10 games.
I don't know, we'll see. Hue was awful, that's for sure, but I still don't know if the coaching would have fixed those OT losses.

I'm very much not convinced in Freddie Kitchens as HC out there.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
To that point, the Browns still weren't good, even with the rookie TD record being broken. Things trended up, but it wasn't enough for a winning season.

Sure. I expect Murray to be mostly good but the Cardinals to have losing record.

SL Card

Veteran
Reaction score
I haven't posted for years because we haven't had a real good QB since Warner. Too painful. Well, I'm legitimately exited and enthusiastic for this season to start. I hope the line can get the job done...Can it?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How can you prove your first point at this time?

I am not anti Kyler but saying these kinds of things when he hasn't even put on NFL pads let alone played against a defense scheming against him is simply silly.
Yeah. Defenses figured out Rosen pretty quickly. :)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really won't. We made some of the riskiest moves in NFL history to repair this.

I don't want to be right at all. I don't want to watch my team lose. This is the first year I've ever been a darksider.
Kyler and all of us will do everything in our power to pull you out of the dark side. :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah. Defenses figured out Rosen pretty quickly. :)
Line 'em up side by side.

QB #1 under pressure has his mind go blank and he either overthrows his man or serves up a pop fly over the middle that gets picked off.

QB#2 under same pressure surveys the scene and drills the ball to a WR between 2 defenders.

I'm not going to ID either Rosen or Murray as either of the two QB's except to observe that one of the two guys seem to have the " it" factor and the QB with the killer instinct who can pull off that play more often than not - is the dude I want QB'ing my team.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
The thing with KK was that he was a failure in college. This is the first time a college coach with a losing head coaching record got a head coaching job in the NFL at least to my knowledge. That's the only thing that concerns me about him. Hopefully his philosophy translates to the pro game.
This gets used a lot but he was 35 and 40 as HC. I’m not sure “Failed” HC is the correct term. Guess we will find out

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
You can very literally get worse. We picked the best way to get worse.

• We retained the GM who led us into this mess in the first place.
  • 2018 was a useless draft class besides maybe Christian Kirk.
  • We hired a college coach who couldn't win there, and has only had one winning season.
  • The number one overall draft pick was used on a historically short QB with limited playing experience, who was going to play baseball until a few months ago.

Last season, we were a train wreck, as you say, but the difference between us being a 6 win team and a three win team was ten points.

We can definitely get better, but we can get astronomically worse than last year. I think that anyone who believes last year's team was the worst in Arizona Cardinals history just isn't really thinking clearly about how bad it was in the 90s.
LOL

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
This gets used a lot but he was 35 and 40 as HC. I’m not sure “Failed” HC is the correct term. Guess we will find out

Well, he was fired by his alma mater. And he had 2 winning seasons in 6 years as head coach. In 2016 he had the future NFL MVP at QB and finished 2 games under .500.

Really difficult to define that as "Success" when Herm Edwards went 7-6 with a backwater Pac 12 program.