OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bengals extend Tyler Boyd
Tyler Boyd[/a] spent the offseason negotiating for a contract extension while fully participating in offseason work, rather than holding out. That paid off.'>Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd spent the offseason negotiating for a contract extension while fully participating in offseason work, rather than holding out. That paid off.

Boyd and the Bengals have agreed to a four-year, $43 million contract extension, according to multiple reports.
https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-extend-tyler-boyd-154522398.html

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Redskins cut ILB Mason Foster.

Do we have any cap space??

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Surprise of day: Green Bay is releasing former Pro Bowl DT Mike Daniels, per source.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
Surprise of day: Green Bay is releasing former Pro Bowl DT Mike Daniels, per source.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
That would be a nice Keim Time Sign. Him and Foster could bring much needed depth to the front 7. Heck I'd be semi excited if we brought back Bynes for ILB depth.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That would be a nice Keim Time Sign. Him and Foster could bring much needed depth to the front 7. Heck I'd be semi excited if we brought back Bynes for ILB depth.
It sounds like Mike Daniels wants to play for a contender.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think we can be "choosers" atm.
We need help badly.

2 down LBs put you at a tremendous disadvantage schematically. I know I'm not telling something you dont know, but stopping the pass is so much more valuable than stopping the run.

Players like Foster get picked on significantly in the modern NFL.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
2 down LBs put you at a tremendous disadvantage schematically. I know I'm not telling something you dont know, but stopping the pass is so much more valuable than stopping the run.

Yes and no, since the run and pass are intertwine. Obviously, you have to stop both but if you cannot stop the run, it opens up all kinds of opportunities for the offense to implement their playbook with the defense then on their heels. Stopping the run is the foundation of a defense and all we have to do is look to last season to see how demoralizing it is not being able to stop the run. Also, when you cannot stop the run, it exhibits that the other team is simply more physical than you and there is no way you can win getting pushed around at the core of your scheme which is the trenches where the game ultimately revolves. The ability of our DL concerns me from last season, but maybe it was more of a product of our LBs not being able fill their gap. If we do have a high power offense, which seems to be our approach for winnning, they need to be on the field to score and they cannot when the best defense against this is simply occupy the clock by extended drives by running... stopping the run still comes first

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Giants down two receivers already in camp. Coleman (tore his acl) and Sheppard (dislocated thumb). :(

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think modern defenses will morph away from 2, 3 and 4-LB set pieces and more toward viewing the playing field as a giant spread sheet with 11 players used interchangeably to fill any vacant "cell" on the sheet. An even wilder extension of this approach will be to put one or more defenders in motion - to further confuse offensive play-callers, blockers, receivers and ball carriers.

(Ideally, the modern mix 'n match defense might suit up 11 players, each of whom are 6-3, weigh 235 lbs and run in the 4.6 range)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Golden Tate just got suspended for 4 games for using a Performance Enhancement Substance. He will appeal.

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Golden Tate hit with 4 game PED ban. Giants receivers are down to practically nothing now... ouch.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Damn Bengals are cursed. AJ Green carted off the field. Hopefully its nothing too serious.