Staying on the bandwagon

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its pretty well documented on this board many of the kool-aid gang and the darksiders. So my question to you is how soon before you jump on or off the bandwagon?

At what point do the kool-aiders throw your hands in the air and declare this plan a failure. Will it take an entire season? A 1-3 September. Ineptitude on offense and/or defense?

Darksiders, what will it take for you to be wowed into jumping on the wagon? Nothing less than spectacular play by Murray and others? Will it be W/L record? A very competitive team even if our record is just so-so?

Let’s face it. When the season starts none of us want or will be satisfied with mediocrity no matter how patient we believe we are. The Rams were 4/12 before McVay took over and turned everything around.

Bottom line is we all have expectations. What are yours?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
After last year?

Put out a product that justifies the time and money put into watching the game on TV.

Sunday afternoons are valuable free time, and to spend it watching football is less snd less enticing as I get older.

Snd the trash that was last year ain't worth it.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact of the matter is that it won't take too much. If Kyler comes out and posts two 300+ yard passing efforts with 50-100 yards rushing and a combined four-five touchdowns, I'll probably get super amped.

It doesn't even have to be a win or a loss thing if we look competent.

Last year the games were painful to watch and embarrassing. As long as it is not that, I will be satisfied THIS year

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like others have said, I want to see competitive football.

I'll jump from the bandwagon if I see obvious incompetence. Last year, Like @cheesebeef said, I jumped during the season opener. The Redskins kicked the Cardinals butt, but they weren't doing anything exotic. A good coach wouldn't have allowed for that to happen.

I'll give K1/K2 more of a leash because of what they are attempting to bring to the NFL. But if after the first 8 weeks, it looks like the K Raid doesn't work, I'll jump from the K2 bandwagon.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I'm always kool aid, this is just for fun and really doesnt matter. If we end up 3-8 I might get bored and miss some games but I will still be anxiously waiting for our next chance.
This is why I wanted K1 even when it was two steps backwards to take another QB. K1 is flat out exciting

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Me neither.

I just realized the other day that I became a Cardinals fan almost exactly the same time as the Apollo 11 Moon Landing. 50 years for me now.
while listening to pink floyd play live during the moon landing.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
...correction...I was 6 years old...I may have been into The Monkees back then.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I am a Cardinals fan so I root for them, but it is going to take a year and a half for me to buy into Murray (or any other young NFL QB for that matter). People undervalue what an offseason can do for defensive coordinators and how they scheme against 2nd year QBs and offenses. I won't be shocked if Baker and Mahommes and Darnold all take a step back prior to taking a step forward if they can. Mahommes has the best shot because he has Andy Reid.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am a Cardinals fan so I root for them, but it is going to take a year and a half for me to buy into Murray (or any other young NFL QB for that matter). People undervalue what an offseason can do for defensive coordinators and how they scheme against 2nd year QBs and offenses. I won't be shocked if Baker and Mahommes and Darnold all take a step back prior to taking a step forward if they can. Mahommes has the best shot because he has Andy Reid.
I mean, it’s kind of impossible for Mahomes to not take a step back with the season he had.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This is a good point.

I don't know if I'll be fully on the bandwagon until I see it consistently. Even the best players have bad games, and I just need a larger sample size.

But I won't be here whining about Kyler or whatever if our record is decent and his play passes the eye test.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

So, I followed the board but stopped watching the games in meaningful ways halfway through last year.

I think I'll start getting excited about Murray if he's doing his thing. That thing is hard to stop; I'd add Deshaun Watson to your watch list of dual-threat QBs who need to make it happen again. These guys make magic happen immediately, and I've explained why many times.

If it fizzles and this stuff doesn't work, it could be interesting in a trainwreck sort of way. The minimum scenario that keeps me engaged is like a 6-10 season where we win 2-3 games by 14+, we score 20, and we only lose 4 games by 10+ points.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pink Floyd? Heck no.

I was already cultivating my life-long obsession with jazz.
We would have needed to be over the Atlantic (I'm not old enough anyway) but during the moon landing two little known bands performed to it on bbc. One was pink Floyd the other was I think Bob dylan

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk