Giants are 9-1 and suddenly in...

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Is it likely? Baseball Reference gives the Giants an 8.8 percent chance of making the postseason. FanGraphs is less optimistic, listing San Francisco with a 5.8 percent chance.

The numbers are small, but the sample size that suggests the Giants can be considered a legitimate contender is growing. Since June 1, the Giants are 12 games over .500 and have posted the exact same winning percentage (.636) as the Dodgers.
https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/07...ngs-i-cant-think-of-a-season-quite-like-this/

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they keep Mad Bum that could drive up price for Greinke and Ray. I doubt CLE gets rid of Bauer and he is the only other impact SP in trade rumors I’ve seen.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
If they keep Mad Bum that could drive up price for Greinke and Ray. I doubt CLE gets rid of Bauer and he is the only other impact SP in trade rumors I’ve seen.
At the same time would'nt it just suck to see the Gnats stand pat and make it!

And Where we should've been there with our better run producing lineup and just one more legit starter added!

I don't like orgs. ditching the effort when NOT even a single game in August has been played.

Jeez, NYM were 14+ games out mid August and they caught the Cubs in less then a month, and beat the best team in baseball that reg. season and won it all. Anything can happen.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
At the same time would'nt it just suck to see the Gnats stand pat and make it!

And Where we should've been there with our better run producing lineup and just one more legit starter added!

I don't like orgs. ditching the effort when NOT even a single game in August has been played.

Jeez, NYM were 14+ games out mid August and they caught the Cubs in less then a month, and beat the best team in baseball that reg. season and won it all. Anything can happen.
At the other same time could you imagine ARZ dealing Greinke, Ray & Peralta and making the playoffs with the pieces they get in the deals or just stand pat and make the playoffs? As you mentioned anything can happen.

Again, ARZ should not deal anyone unless they are getting major league ready players like they got in the Goldy trade. Our lower levels on the farm are full of young talent, we need guys who are ready now. ARZ doesn't get offered that kind of talent then stand pat.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
16-3 in their last 19 games. Unreal as a Giants fan. They have to keep Bumgarner at this point. Talk around the Bay is they may flip a reliever.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
At the other same time could you imagine ARZ dealing Greinke, Ray & Peralta and making the playoffs with the pieces they get in the deals or just stand pat and make the playoffs? As you mentioned anything can happen.

Again, ARZ should not deal anyone unless they are getting major league ready players like they got in the Goldy trade. Our lower levels on the farm are full of young talent, we need guys who are ready now. ARZ doesn't get offered that kind of talent then stand pat.
Yes anything can happen, including a WS championship. We would need to add two solid pitchers, imo to ATTEMPT to accomplish it. It may not be doable. So you Sell solid players ?? You better get Starters with high cielings Now!