Digital tickets in -Scalpers out

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
Looks like the NFL has come up with a foolproof way to prevent scalpers from selling tickets on game day which means opposing fans will have a hard time getting seats.Since there are no longer any hard copy pdf tickets the only way to transfer tickets is electronically . Since the ticket recipient won't be able to transfer received tickets there does not appear anyway that scalpers will be able to walk around the stadium on game days and sell tickets to fans from opposing teams. In the short term this seems like a great idea. I do wonder thought whether some STH will cancel their tickets knowing as a practical matter there is really no way to sell those tickets on game day if at the last minute they can't go.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
What about someone who buys tic ar once for whole family? Or ,friends/colleagues/clients?
Looks like the NFL has come up with a foolproof way to prevent scalpers from selling tickets on game day which means opposing fans will have a hard time getting seats.Since there are no longer any hard copy pdf tickets the only way to transfer tickets is electronically . Since the ticket recipient won't be able to transfer received tickets there does not appear anyway that scalpers will be able to walk around the stadium on game days and sell tickets to fans from opposing teams. In the short term this seems like a great idea. I do wonder thought whether some STH will cancel their tickets knowing as a practical matter there is really no way to sell those tickets on game day if at the last minute they can't go.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are the parking passes going digital as well? Usually when you take away options that customers have had before, it isn't a good thing.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It forces people to sell the tickets via StubHub and Ticketmaster, etc. making them more money. Makes you wonder who was pushing for this. Definitely lots of grumbling between our season ticket holder group, seems like it is going to make it more difficult to pass out tickets, etc. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the whole thing works this season.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The Knights do this here.

Definitely a pain in the ass. I have had many situations as a season ticket holder where someone canceled on me at the last minute, or I couldn't make the flight... whatever.

Now I'd be SOL, and of course, they get their additional chunk of coin.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tickets aren't digital, they will be like a credit card. Already talked to the Cardinals today about it.

You get one credit card per account.

They are only digital for early entry to the stadium during training camp. You can transfer the right to go in early though in the app

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tickets aren't digital, they will be like a credit card. Already talked to the Cardinals today about it.

You get one credit card per account.

They are only digital for early entry to the stadium during training camp. You can transfer the right to go in early though in the app

You can choose either method to go to games, according to the "Welcome Packet" they're sending out. I received an RFID card for each seat, and the pamphlet says you can instead choose to use the Cardinals app to display the barcode on your phone.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Who the hell buys tickets outside the stadium anymore? This won’t change the amount of opposing team fans getting them. Anyone who travels to see their team in AZ is going to buy their tickets way before they step on their flight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Who the hell buys tickets outside the stadium anymore? This won’t change the amount of opposing team fans getting them. Anyone who travels to see their team in AZ is going to buy their tickets way before they step on their flight.

When I went to ASU, buying tickets outside the stadium was a common occurrence for us. It'd be one of those "yeah, tailgating sounds fun and we'll see if we can snag some cheap tickets" kind of spur of the moment plans.

Not trying to defend scalpers, but StubHub and the like have huge markups and fees, and aren't very useful if you're trying to get some kind of return on investment for a last minute cancellation.

Two years ago I flew in with a friend for a game and we had a huge falling out around 4 AM on the morning of the game. I was able to at least get back $70 on my ticket, which was nice considering I didn't have a computer or anything to post the ticket.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I do sometimes

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still not a problem. When I had Eagles season tickets, they were all electronic. I would just email the ticket to whoever wanted them.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I just did my first transaction with the new system. Seems like a fairly easy system to work with. In year’s past there was a fee involved with electronic transfers but they may have did away with that. We’ll see how it goes on game day

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I do sometimes

Even when flying in from out of town? I’d be so scared. I want to know and pick exactly where I sit so I’m not flying 6 hours to sit in some bad seats. I don’t know any of my friends 35 or younger who use scalpers. We find the cheapest fee from the 5 or 6 other secondary markets with a low charge. I never use stubhub plenty of better places.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even when flying in from out of town? I’d be so scared. I want to know and pick exactly where I sit so I’m not flying 6 hours to sit in some bad seats. I don’t know any of my friends 35 or younger who use scalpers. We find the cheapest fee from the 5 or 6 other secondary markets with a low charge. I never use stubhub plenty of better places.

I live in Mesa.

I've bought tickets online but I've gotten smoking deals outside the stadium too.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

I'd say over half or more of opposing fans that come out live right here in AZ. Esp. Cowturds, Minny, ect.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say over half or more of opposing fans that come out live right here in AZ. Esp. Cowturds, Minny, ect.

And plenty of those fans in opposing jerseys "for that one game" show up in Cardinals red the rest of the year. Bleh.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And plenty of those fans in opposing jerseys "for that one game" show up in Cardinals red the rest of the year. Bleh.

Thats better than only showing up for their team IMO. Nothing wrong with being a fan of your hometown team and your new home team.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thats better than only showing up for their team IMO. Nothing wrong with being a fan of your hometown team and your new home team.

Meh. Choose a team and support it 100%. Fake Cards' fan if you show up in red each week "except when your REAL team is there."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh. Choose a team and support it 100%. Fake Cards' fan if you show up in red each week "except when your REAL team is there."

Easy for me to think that way because I was born and raised here but if I moved to Baltimore, I would support the Ravens AND the cardinals. I'm not a fan of telling people what to do or how to live their lives, especially over trivial crap like sports.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now that I have mine in hand... I absolutely LOVE this. Number one, it will be easy to identify season ticket holders and moreover, which sections are owned by scalpers. Number 2, the lanyard / card combo definitely gives the amount of money we spend on these things yearly a much more tangible aspect. I also think going pure digital is going to help resale value for those of us who have an extra ticket here or there for some games.