Veronica Mars (Revival)(Hulu)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A Veronica Mars Reboot With Kristen Bell Is in the Works

https://parade.com/695151/solanahawkenson/a-veronica-mars-reboot-with-kristen-bell-is-in-the-works/

A reboot of mystery series
Veronica Mars is in the works and could be heading to Hulu, reports EW. Star of the original series, Kristen Bell, is on board for new season.

The show premiered in 2004 and ran for two seasons on UPN, followed by its final season on The CW. Bell starred as Veronica Mars, a high school student in the fictional town of Neptune, California, who turns her eye to detective work with the help of her father (Enrico Colantoni), after the death of her best friend.

There was also a fan-funded Veronica Mars movie in 2014, which followed Mars as a law school student who heads back to her hometown to help an ex-boyfriend who’s been accused of murder.

Show creator Rob Thomas is also rumored to return. No other details about the plot or Bell’s role have been revealed.

Bell currently stars on NBC’s The Good Place with Ted Danson. Her commitments to the comedy would not interfere with a Mars reboot, according to EW.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A Veronica Mars Reboot With Kristen Bell Is in the Works

https://parade.com/695151/solanahawkenson/a-veronica-mars-reboot-with-kristen-bell-is-in-the-works/

A reboot of mystery series
Veronica Mars is in the works and could be heading to Hulu, reports EW. Star of the original series, Kristen Bell, is on board for new season.

The show premiered in 2004 and ran for two seasons on UPN, followed by its final season on The CW. Bell starred as Veronica Mars, a high school student in the fictional town of Neptune, California, who turns her eye to detective work with the help of her father (Enrico Colantoni), after the death of her best friend.

There was also a fan-funded Veronica Mars movie in 2014, which followed Mars as a law school student who heads back to her hometown to help an ex-boyfriend who’s been accused of murder.

Show creator Rob Thomas is also rumored to return. No other details about the plot or Bell’s role have been revealed.

Bell currently stars on NBC’s The Good Place with Ted Danson. Her commitments to the comedy would not interfere with a Mars reboot, according to EW.
If Kristen Bell is involved, would it really be a reboot? Would she be the mom with a detective daughter/son? Ugh, I'm not sure I like that idea.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Kristen Bell is involved, would it really be a reboot? Would she be the mom with a detective daughter/son? Ugh, I'm not sure I like that idea.

Now being labeled as a revival...

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Loved the original... looking forward to this.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The original was one of my favorite shows of all time. So watching this.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
This may actually get us to subscribe to Hulu .... My wife went from mocking me for watching this to bringing DVDs on our first anniversary to watch on vacation to buying the streaming movie

Loved the program and it looks like they have the gang back together and some solid additional cast members

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
Just finished watching the Season 4 revival. I very much enjoyed it. Didn’t seem to lose any of the enjoyability of the original.
kinda bummed what happened at the very end though

Last edited: