Top Gun: Maverick

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Val Kilmer says he was offered to fly again for Top Gun 2

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/17/val-kilmer-top-gun-2

The Iceman returneth? Potentially! Actor and frequent social media user Val Kilmer announced on Facebook he was offered a role for the in-limbo Top Gun 2.

Producer David Ellison said this summer that a screenplay was in the works from Justin Marks (The Jungle Book). The plot would detail how drones have rendered pilots like Tom Cruise’s Maverick and Kilmer’s Iceman irrelevant. Cruise himself also said in summer that throwing on the flight vest would be “fun to do.”

A follow-up to the 1986 action drama has been floated around for at least five years, with Cruise and Scott in talks to both return. After Scott’s death in 2012, producer Jerry Bruckheimer said he still had plans to make a sequel.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome for a new generation to have their version of Top Gun. However, they have to get the script right. Also...Val Kilmer? He would have much work to do to get himself back in shape.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would be awesome for a new generation to have their version of Top Gun. However, they have to get the script right. Also...Val Kilmer? He would have much work to do to get himself back in shape.

Actually, in recent months he has done a lot to get back in shape.

Here he is from last August:

https://twitter.com/valkilmer/status/503258146874621952

TMZ even covered his dramatic weight loss.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/28/val-kilmer-weight-loss-mark-twain-diet-exercise/

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they can get it right, I would be excited if they made a "Top Gun 2" although it's hard for me to visualize with the advance of age.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually, in recent months he has done a lot to get back in shape.

Lose weight maybe but that is not in shape. Although he is 55. He let himself go in other ways though. He had a strange career. Just when it seemed like he hit his stride...poof.

I guess if the script is good it doesn't matter. These guys will be playing older versions of their previous characters. Although Tom definitely looks better for his age than Val.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm not ok with this. :(

It's perfect just how it is. Stop playing with it hollywood, you'll go blind.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
there's no way it's as good as this:

http://www.tomgunlive.com

saw the stage-show on Friday night. It wasn't quite as amazing as the inspired genius of Point Break Live (and if you live in LA and don't know what that is/never saw it, you should forfeit your funny bone) but it was pretty damn solid.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
JULY 1, 2017, 4:23 P.M.
Tom Cruise's 'Top Gun: Maverick' scheduled for takeoff with 'Oblivion' director at the helm
It's been a month since Tom Cruise confirmed the news that a "Top Gun" sequel was finally in the works, and Paramount released more details about the upcoming release Friday.

"Top Gun: Maverick" has been cleared for landing on July 12, 2019, and a familiar face has signed on to helm the film with "The Mummy" star, Deadlinereported.

Joseph Kosinski, who worked with Cruise on post-apocalyptic sci-fi film "Oblivion" in 2013, will direct the sequel featuring Cruise reprising the role of Maverick.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...-s-top-gun-maverick-1498949443-htmlstory.html

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oh my lord...... Im all in..... but in reality, I was never totally out! #TotallyIn

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all that was missing from that trailer was one signature Maverick smile when talking to his superior. otherwise, that was pretty damn perfect.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is what I really like about Cruise. Hes gets fully involved in his characters and does most all of his own stunts. Those plane shots were definitely him flying the real thing, or at least riding in one.

I really hope Val is in this more then just a few cameo shots.

WaywardFan

Waywardier than before
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The FA-18 does have a 2-seater version, so while it’s cool to think he’s doing the flying he’s probably faking it in the back seat. Still, those shots are amazing.

Very cool side bar. My father was an Agressor squadron commander for 2 years. The Agressors were the Air Force version of Top Gun. They were taught to fly like Russians, had red stars on their tails, all to train our pilots to fight against them. I suppose there’s obvious bias at play, but he told me that whenever the Agressors went up against Miramar they kicks the Navy’s ass.

Skratchy_Seal

Registered
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Someone noticed the Japanese and a Taiwanese flags on the back of his jacket got swapped out from the first movie.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I keep getting more and more excited for this one!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose