2019 Free Agency

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It appears the Lakers are not interested in J.R. Smith.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

The kid has killer per36 numbers, if you like that sort of thing.

OP
OP
JCSunsfan

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always liked him. His per/36 numbers are pretty good.

Oh nuts, Chap beat me to it.

Anyway, Wood is a rebounder and shot blocker. He would add another element to the roster.

Agreed. He would be a nice addition to the Suns roster.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Jones and Monty Williams will be on today at 11 a.m to talk about the latest on the Suns free agency news.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hmmm....

Wasn't sure what an exhibit 10 contract was, but I found a site that breaks it down.

https://www.12up.com/posts/nba-exhibit-10-contract-explained-01ddxzvtfz20

"An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year deal worth the minimum salary that guarantees the player will receive a camp invite."

"A team can’t carry more than six Exhibit 10 contracts at a time, and an Exhibit 10 contract can only be converted to a two-way deal before the regular season begins."

"Even though an Exhibit 10 contract that gets converted to a two-way deal can later also turn into a standard NBA contract, it won't count against an NBA team's salary cap."

Not sure if this was common knowledge around here or not.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Wasn't sure what an exhibit 10 contract was, but I found a site that breaks it down.

"An Exhibit 10 contract is a one-year deal worth the minimum salary that guarantees the player will receive a camp invite."

"A team can’t carry more than six Exhibit 10 contracts at a time, and an Exhibit 10 contract can only be converted to a two-way deal before the regular season begins."

"Even though an Exhibit 10 contract that gets converted to a two-way deal can later also turn into a standard NBA contract, it won't count against an NBA team's salary cap."

Thank you for clarifying.:thumbup:

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

So why wouldn't you always try and sign these contracts if they don't count against the cap? My question is, is that only for the one year that the exhibit 10 would apply as far as not counting against the cap? Seems like a loop hole.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So why wouldn't you always try and sign these contracts if they don't count against the cap? My question is, is that only for the one year that the exhibit 10 would apply as far as not counting against the cap? Seems like a loop hole.
I don't believe a player can actually play for the team on one of these contracts. The only way they could play for the team is if they sign a regular contract or a two way contract (and you only get 2 of those each year). The idea is that you invite them to camp with this contract and if they don't want to keep the player on the NBA club via a normal or 2 way contract than they waive the player and the player can then gain a bonus by staying with the G-League team for the year. Or at least that is how I think it all works.

Here is a little more clarification from that article.

"If he is waived, the player will be offered $50,000 to sign with the G League affiliate of whomever waved them. Provided he stays on the roster for 60 days, he will earn that $50,000 bonus. The Exhibit 10 contract was created to incentivize players to stay in the G League as opposed to going abroad."

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Every team is out of cap space except the Hawks.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose