Adam Jones trade rumors: Diamondbacks outfielder linked to Phillies in MLB trade rumors

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Adam Jones trade rumors: Diamondbacks outfielder linked to Phillies in MLB trade rumors
Several Arizona Diamondbacks players are seeing their name come up in speculation and chatter before the MLB trade deadline.

Adam Jones is among them.

The outfielder, who is hitting .276 with 12 home runs and 37 RBIs for the Diamondbacks this season, is being linked to the Philadelphia Phillies in recent MLB trade talk.
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...delphia-phillies-mlb-trade-rumors/1419126001/

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Gambo seems to think we’ll get more calls about Marte and others still under team than the veteran rentals, duh. Only player I’d be inclined to move is Greinke to free up money for this winter. There are some good players available this offseason.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dbacks would be stupid to trade Marte, Ahmed, Peralta, etc.

A fire sale would be a disaster.

We should have a good idea where we stand by the All-star break.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
I read that Peralta is linked to be traded to the A's for some pitchers.
But I agree ahmed, peralta or Marte are guys they shouldn't trade if they are building.

I'm all for unloading the Greinke contract to try and get some other middle of the rotation pitchers and hope they can build their own Ace.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Am I the only one that didn’t know there is Tommy John underwear?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Dbacks would be stupid to trade Marte, Ahmed, Peralta, etc.

A fire sale would be a disaster.

We should have a good idea where we stand by the All-star break.

Peralta will turn 32 this season so I think Hazen would move him in the right deal. Marte is young and under control so they’d have to be blown away.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peralta will turn 32 this season so I think Hazen would move him in the right deal. Marte is young and under control so they’d have to be blown away.

U would mice him in the wrong deal. He is still productive. Get something for him because he is headed towards the statistical cliff.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
U would mice him in the wrong deal. He is still productive. Get something for him because he is headed towards the statistical cliff.

I partially agree with you. I agree that he is heading towards the years of decline and if there's positions the dbacks can take the hit, it's outfield.
I think peralta brings more than just a bat to the team. I think he's a leader and can help rally the team.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I partially agree with you. I agree that he is heading towards the years of decline and if there's positions the dbacks can take the hit, it's outfield.
I think peralta brings more than just a bat to the team. I think he's a leader and can help rally the team.

Agreed - as a leader, he is everything that Goldy wasn't, especially when you consider the heavy Latin American makeup of the team and MLB in general.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
Agreed - as a leader, he is everything that Goldy wasn't, especially when you consider the heavy Latin American makeup of the team and MLB in general.
I actually almost used Goldy as an example of what he was not either. Goldy was a great low key player, but sometimes you need those leaders in the club house. Specially when trying to bring up some young guys. Also, Peralta is way more clutch than Goldy was

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
I'd be fine with them trading Jones away. He's a 1 year rental for us that is on the older side. If we could get something for him, it would be a good trade off. He's a below average outfielder and has really started to cool off on hitting.

Dbacks have a good amount of Outfielders that could do what he does. I think making Locastro a more full time role player if he leaves would be good.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I was watching the Dodgers/Phillies game yesterday. They said the Phillies GM won't make any big trades this year to improve the team, only small moves. This fits the bill.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Dbacks have a good amount of Outfielders that could do what he does. I think making Locastro a more full time role player if he leaves would be good.
But Dyson and Locastro, both classic leadoff hitters, shouldn't both be full-time.

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
But Dyson and Locastro, both classic leadoff hitters, shouldn't both be full-time.

Also true. Hopefully they get a power prospect in return that is much younger than Jones. Locastro is just one of those guys that finds ways to get on base and creates disruption for the other defense. He's a much better fielder than Jones too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose