Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The biggest plus would be to come out of camp with no serious injuries. I initially thought the Cards might go vanilla and expose nothing. Now, however, since the chance of playoffs is remote I think they’re better to let it all hang out giving the players as much experience as possible in the new systems. On defense I wouldn’t show the blitz packages even in preseason.
I agree. Give your opposition a little something to think about. I dread to read the daily injury report.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I really don't like this idea of hiding the offense. I say practice what you are going to be playing in the regular season. Perfecting the execution of the offense is far more important than hiding the offense for one regular season game.

If the offense is good enough, like KC or the Rams or the patriots it will not matter if people know what is coming or not.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I expect most of the perspectives on the offense to be pretty well hidden, so I'll be focusing on the defense and what VJ is gonna make us into.

If the defense gets quickly while everyone adjusts to the offense and speed of the NFL, that'll be the way for us to sneak up on some teams.
I'm telling you right now solar 7, we will sneak up on some teams. I believe in the 3/4 & we have the starters at least to play it well. Our offense will move the ball & score a decent amount of points. We will gain some depth on defense after the training camps end & veterans are cut. This team has the potential right now for 8-8 & if we get lucky maybe more? I do believe this right now, call it optimism or dreaming but I believe damnit lol.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No doubt, but walking glass with essentially zero investment, who has insane potential talent, especially having thrived in this offense before. We'll be keeping plenty.
I agree, he was mega talented & fast as crap at WV, he's been injury prone in the NFL but his luck has to change at some point one would think? He came to us very cheap & knows the air raid offensive concepts well. Nothing for us to lose by having him imo.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I agree, he was mega talented & fast as crap at WV, he's been injury prone in the NFL but his luck has to change at some point one would think? He came to us very cheap & knows the air raid offensive concepts well. Nothing for us to lose by having him imo.
he’s been working on pro concepts for twice as many seasons (4) as he played in the Air Raid (2).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm telling you right now solar 7, we will sneak up on some teams. I believe in the 3/4 & we have the starters at least to play it well. Our offense will move the ball & score a decent amount of points. We will gain some depth on defense after the training camps end & veterans are cut. This team has the potential right now for 8-8 & if we get lucky maybe more? I do believe this right now, call it optimism or dreaming but I believe damnit lol.
Well, we'd better sneak up on some teams, because as it stands right now, there's not a game we will be favored in. Lines change of course, but still.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Funny, for me I’ve got a tremendous amount of positive emotion headed into the season. But that doesn’t equate to optimism. We were the worst team in football. That’s not going to change overnight. We have so much New it will take take to acclimate, implement, and develop chemistry. But I don’t feel like a dark sister bc I’m excited to see what we have and what works and what doesn’t. Still expect a lot of losses.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, we'd better sneak up on some teams, because as it stands right now, there's not a game we will be favored in. Lines change of course, but still.

Silly to be looking at point spreads before the season even starts. If we win the opener, and I think we will, those point spreads change dramatically. No one has been handed the Lombardi Trophy based on preseason point spreads.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Funny, for me I’ve got a tremendous amount of positive emotion headed into the season. But that doesn’t equate to optimism.

same place

at this time last year, one thing that bugged me was that the team had no identity.

under Arians it was no risk it, no biscuit -- offense and defense

with Wilks-- it felt like it was "lets not risk it" -- bland, vanilla, predictable on offense and defense. Zero vibe at this point, or at any point prior to the start of the season.

the team has a vibe again. It will be interesting to see if its justified

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose