Was Salazar not in season 4? Love that guy

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finally watching the season 8 (the most recent season). I'm really liking the past few episodes so far, probably my favorite of the series. I am now post Madison, post Junkie Depp, and it's dealing with Alicia / Charlie in the house with the storm, Morgan on a hike meeting the truckers, and Strand / John stuck on an island. Just got a glimpse of a the weird black woman, but not a fan of that character so far.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm finally watching the season 8 (the most recent season). I'm really liking the past few episodes so far, probably my favorite of the series. I am now post Madison, post Junkie Depp, and it's dealing with Alicia / Charlie in the house with the storm, Morgan on a hike meeting the truckers, and Strand / John stuck on an island. Just got a glimpse of a the weird black woman, but not a fan of that character so far.
season 4 :)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So there was this really awful action movie/show "they're putting their weapons on" shot on TV that I laughed out loud at, because it was clearly making fun of the genre/trope. And then...one of the Walking Dead characters comes on camera and spews a really cheesy line. Yep, it was an actual ad about Fear the Walking Dead that was supposed to be cool. Made me laugh even harder :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good stuff, glad to finally break the drought. Apparently the group that took Rick is also in Texas. I thought this was going to be the save people from home episode, surprised it shifted in another direction immediately.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
whoever hangs the heads and splatters guts everywhere better be as psychotic as they seem.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, his inclusion should be interesting. The cast is getting large, I imagine several people die soon.

Oh, and trucker lady along with her friend have been non existent. I am guessing they go first. Also, junkie depps girlfriends role has become pretty much useless. I imagine she gets the axe this season too.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
saw a preview, looks like the next episode will surround Al. I loved this last one but Daniel is just such a great character. I wont be surprised if the whole crew ends up at his base and then they have to deal with the guy that stole the first base.

I wonder if Rick will be thrust into a role where he throws on that body armor and is tasked with eradicating the zombie population or something.

might be two more episodes before we see dorie and dwight again. The show is going good but I get a bit lost with so many damn characters. I'm not even sure where the hell the girl Charlie came from?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just googled it and realized she was with the group of guys with the rvs and whatnot. forgot all about them.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Am I just watching a long teaser for the Rick Grimes movies?

The episode was decent but seemingly useless outside of showing off some super community and it took multiple episodes to tie that community into the show

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Am I just watching a long teaser for the Rick Grimes movies?

The episode was decent but seemingly useless outside of showing off some super community and it took multiple episodes to tie that community into the show

My wife asked if Rick Grimes was showing up. Seems like a lot of flash back memories of Rick letely. I am kind of happy the group seems to be on the move again.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All this plane stuff is too much. It's lazy to just suddenly be able to rebuild planes.

And, if they are stuck in some impossible valley and can only get out via plane, how the eff did Dwight show up?

27Veer

Veteran
Reaction score
I like the new cast. I like the series better than the original.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cant wait until this "we are stuck in the mountains (in texas) and the only way out is to fly a broken plane" storyline. Everything is just beyond even caring about making it gritty or realistic or having real things happen that cause tense moments. Everything is forced.

Just wait until it turns out the team can also cure radiation poisoning.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The crash didn't damage the gas tanks but moving the body on a trailer did [emoji1787]

And they got it on a trailer [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji28]

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
predictable midseason finale, a twist at the end that seems rather dumb, not a single character died all season even though the cast is up to what seems like over 20 people now. They need to turn this around or this show went from mediocre to fantastic to garbage.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This half-season had some good ingredients:
  • a geographical obstacle (though this was never that convincing due to the actual geography)
  • the return of Daniel
  • the entrance of Dwight (though how did he get there?)
  • the ticking time bomb of a nuclear meltdown
  • the appearance of the helicopter group that took Rick
But it was almost like a big bottle episode, kind of like a new version of the hurricane from last season. I'm hoping that we'll see more of the helicopter group in the second half, but who knows? Presumably the group looking for Clayton's journal will be the antagonist. And introducing a good antagonist is no guarantee, as Proctor John (I've said this before) was the best, smartest, most dangerous one IMO, and they ejected that storyline.

This Forbes half-season recap shows how weird it really was:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-most-baffling-half-season-ever/#5f9b39de5dd9

I laughed at this comment: "Morgan's storyline this season mostly revolves around him losing his stick, trying to get new sticks, getting his old stick back, his stick breaking. He is the lead of the show."

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This half-season had some good ingredients:
  • a geographical obstacle (though this was never that convincing due to the actual geography)
  • the return of Daniel
  • the entrance of Dwight (though how did he get there?)
  • the ticking time bomb of a nuclear meltdown
  • the appearance of the helicopter group that took Rick
But it was almost like a big bottle episode, kind of like a new version of the hurricane from last season. I'm hoping that we'll see more of the helicopter group in the second half, but who knows? Presumably the group looking for Clayton's journal will be the antagonist. And introducing a good antagonist is no guarantee, as Proctor John (I've said this before) was the best, smartest, most dangerous one IMO, and they ejected that storyline.

This Forbes half-season recap shows how weird it really was:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...-most-baffling-half-season-ever/#5f9b39de5dd9

I laughed at this comment: "Morgan's storyline this season mostly revolves around him losing his stick, trying to get new sticks, getting his old stick back, his stick breaking. He is the lead of the show."
I thought it was really bad as far as plot structure goes and mostly a waste of time to add dwight, some kids and promote ricks movie. it seems to me we will not see those people on this show in the forseeable future and it was just tie in cross promotion.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a dozen or so episodes taking up space on my DVR. I ended up deleting them. I just could bring myself to watch this anymore.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave