What to expect from Dario Saric?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't rate the move as high as I would like because it's just one year. I really wish it was two so all our FA hit during the two year big class
True, but on the positive side, we have the power to sign him long-term next summer, which can be big for us if he works out.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True, but on the positive side, we have the power to sign him long-term next summer, which can be big for us if he works out.

My concern is that FA sucks next year so someone will overpay if he has a good year. Might be unfounded though

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern is that FA sucks next year so someone will overpay if he has a good year. Might be unfounded though

If we really like him and look to avoid that we could sign him to an extension prior to this season. The key to that would be signing him for less than his cap hold figures to be so we don't give up cap space next summer. His qualifying offer is $4.8 million and his cap hold is $10.4 million. I feel safe is assuming we won't offer him a contract higher than $10 million this offseason. If he could be resigned for 3 years and $20 million total, I'd be totally fine with that. That's a reasonable contract for someone like him that would pay him just a hair over the MLE. If he were unrestricted I'm not sure he'd get much more than the MLE right now but I could definitely see a team throwing that much at him based on his age. The upside to an extension like that for the Suns would be opening up about $4 million in cap space to use next summer also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA