Official Training Camp Thread

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Rookies show up this Wed the 17th, Veterans next Wed the 24th.

Not too early to start the thread, it's that time of year again, share pics and whatever you have.

I do think having a week with the rookies is good on a way to get them adapted, on the other hand the NFL season is a lot longer than college so hopefully this doesn't catch up to any of them come November

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score
I know the big names like Kyler will get a lot of attention but I am seriously going to be looking at our O-line a lot this camp to see how they adjust to everything

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I expect most of the perspectives on the offense to be pretty well hidden, so I'll be focusing on the defense and what VJ is gonna make us into.

If the defense gets quickly while everyone adjusts to the offense and speed of the NFL, that'll be the way for us to sneak up on some teams.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I expect most of the perspectives on the offense to be pretty well hidden, so I'll be focusing on the defense and what VJ is gonna make us into.

If the defense gets quickly while everyone adjusts to the offense and speed of the NFL, that'll be the way for us to sneak up on some teams.
Positive post. I’m proud of you.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Most impactful training camp battle: Center - Mason "the Future" Cole vs. "Steady" A.Q. Shipley
Most impactful training camp battle (Defense Edition): Cornerback - Tremaine Brock vs. Byron Murphy

What I'll be looking for at the Red/White Scrimmage: Tempo. Practice seemed sluggish with Steve Wilks; lots of guys were standing around and waiting/watching. Huge difference from Bruce Arians. I don't expect this offense to run at 100 miles per hour at all times, but I think we'll play with tempo at times, which means that it's essential for the starting OL to be fit. You don't rotate offensive linemen in the NFL like you can in college.

Flashiest group: Wide Receivers
Trashiest Group: Inside Linebackers

Keep an eye on: Budda Baker's alignment during 7-on-7 and 11-on-11. It's essential to know whether he'll be the primary slot cornerback or primarily in a traditional FS role.
Don't be distracted by: QBs running free on "broken plays."

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Most impactful training camp battle: Center - Chase "the Future" Edmonds vs. "Steady" A.Q. Shipley
Most impactful training camp battle (Defense Edition): Cornerback - Tremaine Brock vs. Byron Murphy

What I'll be looking for at the Red/White Scrimmage: Tempo. Practice seemed sluggish with Steve Wilks; lots of guys were standing around and waiting/watching. Huge difference from Bruce Arians. I don't expect this offense to run at 100 miles per hour at all times, but I think we'll play with tempo at times, which means that it's essential for the starting OL to be fit. You don't rotate offensive linemen in the NFL like you can in college.

Keep an eye on: Budda Baker's alignment during 7-on-7 and 11-on-11. It's essential to know whether he'll be the primary slot cornerback or primarily in a traditional FS role.

Chase Edmonds at Center?

:thud:

:mrgreen:

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
The biggest plus would be to come out of camp with no serious injuries. I initially thought the Cards might go vanilla and expose nothing. Now, however, since the chance of playoffs is remote I think they’re better to let it all hang out giving the players as much experience as possible in the new systems. On defense I wouldn’t show the blitz packages even in preseason.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looking forward to camp

Mostly looking to see how Murray does and how the young wrs butler and Isabella do!

And on def hoping murphy is solid at corner while peterson suspended

OP
OP
blindseyed

blindseyed

Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Most impactful training camp battle: Center - Mason "the Future" Cole vs. "Steady" A.Q. Shipley

I know the early comments from players through OTAs is that K2 runs a fast practice and doesnt waste time. He has a certain number of snap counts as the objective.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As always, I'll be looking for "surprises" - the UDFA who comes out of nowhere to challenge for a roster spot. The veteran newcomer who earns a regular place on the roster.

And how this summer's crop differs from last year's lackluster group - schematically and in levels of energy.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
As always, I'll be looking for "surprises" - the UDFA who comes out of nowhere to challenge for a roster spot. The veteran newcomer who earns a regular place on the roster.

And how this summer's crop differs from last year's lackluster group - schematically and in levels of energy.
I'm super excited about Kevin White. He could wildly thrive in the kind of offense he's been missing. He's the package I think is missing in the WR room.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm super excited about Kevin White. He could wildly thrive in the kind of offense he's been missing. He's the package I think is missing in the WR room.
He’s walking glass.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

There's some of that optimism that we've been missing Solar7. :) I'm hopeful for him as well.

Surely, out of this pack of WRs we have on the roster currently, we can get three or four NFL-level players onto the field when we need to (in contrast to last year).

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm kinda eager to see how Isabella fits into the new offensive scheme. On face, he appears to have a unique skill set that could create unique challenges for most defense.

I'm also hoping that Murphy is good enough to make up for PP21's absence during the first 6 weeks.