Gambo says PF coming....

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Got a good round up of PF's left on the market. Statistically I like Cheick Diallo, even though I don't remember seeing his game. Some other guys still on the market, Marquies Chriss, Bender, Ray Spalding, Kenneth Faried, Jerebko (sometimes gets hot from the three point line), Amir Johnson, Luc Mbah a Moute.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luc Mbah a Moute please. The others are meh. I don't understand why Chriss is on the list. I understand he's available, but so am I, so why is he on the list?

I like Mbah a Moute quite a bit and doubt he'd be 3rd string for long. He'd probably steal Kaminsky's minutes pretty quick. If we're going with experience then I'd have him at the top of the list.

If we're going young then I'd rather have Spalding than Bender or Chriss. At least that's something new-ish. I think Spalding's upside is he can play PF or C.

Mbah a Moute is a tweener forward of sorts, more of a PF than SF in today's NBA but he might be able to play some SF for us if needed. I suppose Kaminsky would be the 3rd string C if we go that way.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Luc Mbah a Moute please. The others are meh. I don't understand why Chriss is on the list. I understand he's available, but so am I, so why is he on the list?

He's on that list because he sucks just like the rest of them. The Suns just have to decide which one sucks the least and is willing to play in Phoenix for the min.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
There's a fine idea. Let's pay FA money to bring back Marquise Chriss, and call the Free agency season a win.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I can't believe a team hasn't taken a flyer on Bender yet. What's the risk for a minimum contract?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I can't believe a team hasn't taken a flyer on Bender yet. What's the risk for a minimum contract?
I would say the risk is blocking the chance for a new backup big to prove himself vs. Bender who has disappointed all along the way.

Or, you can look at it another way. Finally trying to advance from the dregs, why would we look backward?

Bender's ceiling appears to be disappointing for the best basketball league in the world.

We've been the K-mart of the NBA for a decade. Let's not re-hire a former K-mart reject. :)

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
We would be better off with Al Macoy playing PF than Bender or Chriss. At least he knows the game.

Id be ok with Spalding or Luc blabla Moot sitting on the bench. Till we could find someone better.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is going to be a Spaulding or bender level signing
I only want them to sign Bender if Monty sees something he intends to develop in the kid. If he is just going to sit at the end of the bench like last year, I do not see the point.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not fond of signing Bender or Spalding. I'd like a player that can contribute now.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not fond of signing Bender or Spalding. I'd like a player that can contribute now.
Except, in the case of an injury, this player isn't going to contribute now, no matter how good he is. This is our 11th or 12th man we're talking about.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except, in the case of an injury, this player isn't going to contribute now, no matter how good he is. This is our 11th or 12th man we're talking about.

I still like the 11th or 12th player to be able to play. Never know when injuries come around. Also I'd like a new power forward to bring something different to the table.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I still like the 11th or 12th player to be able to play. Never know when injuries come around. Also I'd like a new power forward to bring something different to the table.
The problem here is that anyone you think is worth playing isn't going to want to be the 11th or 12th man. Unless they are desperate, and those types are players are desperate because nobody else wants them and are borderline useless. See: Dragan Bender.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Honestly, I do not think Bender is borderline useless. He moves well, defends all the way out to the three-point line, and he actually shot in the mid 30's from the three for an entire season. We all have seen these things in glimpses, and then he would pull his head back into his shell like a turtle. This leads me to believe that his issues are more about maturity and confidence. He is still only 21 years old. He still has a teenagers body. Men's bodies do not usually fill out muscle wise until near 25. There is a chance the light could go on for him. He was a well-liked kid in the locker room. He was not a knucklehead like Chriss.

I think he might catch on somewhere. Anyway. It is of little consequence to us now.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The problem here is that anyone you think is worth playing isn't going to want to be the 11th or 12th man. Unless they are desperate, and those types are players are desperate because nobody else wants them and are borderline useless. See: Dragan Bender.
Right. And they’d rather be the 11th or 12th guy on a contender or at least a playoff team, not 11th or 12th on the suns.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Honestly, I do not think Bender is borderline useless. He moves well, defends all the way out to the three-point line, and he actually shot in the mid 30's from the three for an entire season. We all have seen these things in glimpses, and then he would pull his head back into his shell like a turtle. This leads me to believe that his issues are more about maturity and confidence. He is still only 21 years old. He still has a teenagers body. Men's bodies do not usually fill out muscle wise until near 25. There is a chance the light could go on for him. He was a well-liked kid in the locker room. He was not a knucklehead like Chriss.

I think he might catch on somewhere. Anyway. It is of little consequence to us now.
I agree with this. He’s still got untapped potential. People forget how young he is. Now that said, I don’t think it’s huge upside potential like we hoped when he went 4th. But at this point that 4th pick is gone. If we can sign him to eventually be a bench contributor his salary and expectations would be commensurate therewith and I’m good with that.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

There are always some players get shut out in free agency. We shall see.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose