How the league has changed

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This 2 star model is a result of several things including the cap. It also means there are more teams in the mix to actually compete for a title next year that any of the last 10.

The two star model used to be a preferred model for a championship contender and more teams can achieve this so it is definitely a step in the right direction if this is the new trend.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The two star model used to be a preferred model for a championship contender and more teams can achieve this so it is definitely a step in the right direction if this is the new trend.
As long as no more KDs join teams that just won the title.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Teams have always been the two person, and add a bunch of role players. It wasn't until Lebron and Miami that the three player model came into vogue. I do think as others have mentioned these 40 million dollar contracts, make it far less likely to have the three player model. I wouldn't rule out it happening on occasion in the future.

This year, it's all about the young guys growing and taking over the team. Booker is reaching his potential. It's up to Ayton to bring it this year and be consistent, too!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Contrary to the narrative Harden plays defense. If Booker commits to playing defense and Rubio continues being solid on that side of the floor we could really have something that translates into legitimate winning basketball. We know what Book is offensively but Kobe really started becoming a force on defense in his 4-5th NBA season and that’s what I want (in a lesser regard) from Book.
Book doesn’t have near kobe’s athleticism. I’d temper those expectations.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ayton not near Shaq's pounding bully ball game.

Both players have more finesse to their games. Shaq wasn't shooting mid range jumpers like Ayton. I remember Kobe when he was young it was dunks or threes. Booker has more of a mid range game.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

For sure but I think he could be a positive if he doesn’t have to expend all his energy offensively.

Offensively Kobe could blow past elite defenders (in his prime) and finish above the rim. He also had a better frame.

You must be registered for see images