The 2018-2019 Around the NBA thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We definitely disagree. If he wanted to go for his head, it would have been MUCH more visible. This was a swipe for the ball. A swipe that might have been too strong, sure, but a swipe nonetheless.

It doesn't matter if it was "nowhere near the ball", guys make attempts like that all the time.

Nobody swings at a basketball by throwing their elbow forward (at a guy's head no less). If you can watch it frame by frame, give it a try, it looks pretty obvious to me.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think you absolutely were probably influenced. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't warrant an ejection based on what happened earlier, but he had a glancing blow on Williams head with his elbow/forearm. If he was really trying to hurt the guy with the elbow, it would have been A LOT worse IMO. Allen is a thug, but when it comes to this specific play, I just don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. I feel like he was ejected because of cumulation, not because of that one action.

I agree he was ejected because of cumulation but seriously what's his problem? Dude seems like such an ass. I find it strange that their coach did not sit him for the rest of the game after the first punch. What an absolute dick (and I'm talking about Allen here, not the coach).

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I agree he was ejected because of cumulation but seriously what's his problem? Dude seems like such an ass. I find it strange that their coach did not sit him for the rest of the game after the first punch. What an absolute dick (and I'm talking about Allen here, not the coach).
You won't get much of a disagreement on this one. :)

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Is this guy playing in the league? He's right up there with that step-under guy on Golden State + their other dirty player, Draymond Green, and off course Matty Vellovadova, Pat Beverly and maybe CP3. I'm sure I'm forgetting some...

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
On the second one, I thought he swung his arm down excessively hard. It looked peculiar. It ended up hitting the guy in the head. Was he going for the ball? Was he trying to disguise a cheap shot as going for the ball? Taking Grayson's previous record of behavior into account, not to mention the situation he got into with the exact same player a minute earlier, I'm going with the latter. Defending him seems silly to me.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
On the second one, I thought he swung his arm down excessively hard. It looked peculiar. It ended up hitting the guy in the head. Was he going for the ball? Was he trying to disguise a cheap shot as going for the ball? Taking Grayson's previous record of behavior into account, not to mention the situation he got into with the exact same player a minute earlier, I'm going with the latter. Defending him seems silly to me.
Nobody is defending him, we are simply defending the play--and even then, we're not really defending the play, I just think there is reasonable doubt on it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Ok, there are 30 teams in the NBA. How many of you believe that there is only one successful team every year?

Some talk hole sports geek is on ESPN saying this right now. He says OKC never had any success because they never won a title.

I don’t agree. I think the SSOL Suns teams were very successful. They were a blast to watch. They won a ton of games and the had a chance several times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he thinks it through that much. He just reacts in the moment--like most of us do or did when we played ball.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What separates Grayson Allen from just about any dirty player I can think of is that dudes like Beverly and Green, they are constantly physical and they mix in cheap shots, hoping to get away with it.

Allen isn't like that, he's a cream puff who avoids contract and then tries to trip or slug people when things are not going his way. He's a real pile of garbage.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not every flagrant foul is going to be this obvious.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel and Marcus Morris have reportedly fired agent Rich Paul.

I'd like to hear this from another source as well.

Stefan Bondy‏Verified account @SBondyNYDN

According to a source, Marcus Morris and Nerlens Noel have fired agent Rich Paul.

3:41 PM - 13 Jul 2019

Edit: Changed to read Rich Paul.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Nerlens Noel and Marcus Morris have reportedly fired agent Chris Paul.

I'd like to hear this from another source as well.

Stefan Bondy‏Verified account @SBondyNYDN

According to a source, Marcus Morris and Nerlens Noel have fired agent Rich Paul.

3:41 PM - 13 Jul 2019
Poor Chris. Traded, fired. What’s next, divorce?

On a more realistic note - I’m glad to see Rich Paul losing his grip on league influence. I suspect that will accelerate with LeBron’s decline.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any other agents working for Klutch other than Rich Paul? I'm curious because he's the only name ever mentioned. If he is the only one, which wouldn't surprise me, then it was a matter of time before some of the mid and lower tier players started looking elsewhere because Paul seems to put all of his focus on Lebron and whatever team he's with. If someone was looking to join the Lakers then he would have worked to get them paid but outside of that, he had little time to deal with others.

I think flubbing Noel's contract a couple years back should have caused a number of players to walk away from him but somehow he managed to keep Noel for a little while longer and add a few clients like the Morrii to his agency. Advising Noel to walk away from that 4 year $70 million dollar deal that Dallas was offering though has to be one of the biggest mistakes we'll ever see in free agency. Noel has made like $7 million total since then.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think flubbing Noel's contract a couple years back should have caused a number of players to walk away from him but somehow he managed to keep Noel for a little while longer and add a few clients like the Morrii to his agency. Advising Noel to walk away from that 4 year $70 million dollar deal that Dallas was offering though has to be one of the biggest mistakes we'll ever see in free agency. Noel has made like $7 million total since then.

Well, he probably escapes some criticism there because we've never known for sure what happened. Noel was represented by Happy Walker when that deal was turned down. If you believe the rumors, Noel was influenced to turn down that deal by Rich Paul but as far as I know, those were just rumors.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Has anyone heard of any other agents working for Klutch other than Rich Paul? I'm curious because he's the only name ever mentioned. If he is the only one, which wouldn't surprise me, then it was a matter of time before some of the mid and lower tier players started looking elsewhere because Paul seems to put all of his focus on Lebron and whatever team he's with. If someone was looking to join the Lakers then he would have worked to get them paid but outside of that, he had little time to deal with others.

Happy Walters was his agent when he turned down that contract, he fired him after Happy encouraged him to accept the offer. Although I do think it's reasonable to think he was having some influence based on how quickly he switched agencies. He can take full credit for costing KCP and Shabazz millions though. KCP has been able to recoup some of that loss with inflated 1 year deals with the Lakers but Shabazz is out of the league.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score

No that honor goes to Latrell “I gotta feed my kids” Sprewell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Happy Walters was his agent when he turned down that contract, he fired him after Happy encouraged him to accept the offer. Although I do think it's reasonable to think he was having some influence based on how quickly he switched agencies. He can take full credit for costing KCP and Shabazz millions though. KCP has been able to recoup some of that loss with inflated 1 year deals with the Lakers but Shabazz is out of the league.

Not to mention that guy that ended up having to play in China once Paul priced him beyond reason. I think it was Norris Cole but I might be wrong there.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s easy to rep superstars. It is much harder to rep mid level players without the leverage of LeBron on the team.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I just watched the 3 on 3 league. The game had a team with Joe Johnson that is undefeated. The other team was Amare's team. Just watching the three on three, I would want Joe Johnson right now, and not Amare. They have a four point circle, that Joe Johnson swished a shot from to win the game for his team on his first attempt at the game winner!

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol Joe Johnson was sneaky good for so long. Just quietly went out and got buckets night in and night out.

I loved that guy

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Lol Joe Johnson was sneaky good for so long. Just quietly went out and got buckets night in and night out.

I loved that guy

And could play a little bit of PG. One of the forgotten tidbits about losing him then going 3-4 without a legit guy to run things when Nash was out.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose