Cubs interested in acquiring David Peralta and other Dback trade rumors

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
FOX Sports: Cubs among teams interested in David Peralta
If Arizona should decide to trade some players at the deadline, the Cubs are among the teams who could be interested in outfielder David Peralta, Ken Rosenthal reports.

“The Cubs are among the teams that will be interested if the D-backs sell and make Peralta available,” Rosenthal said. “Peralta is the type of professional hitter the Cubs need. He would increase their outfield depth, bolster their lineup against right-handed pitching, and he has one more year of control remaining after this one.”
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...-arizona-diamondbacks-speculation/1674537001/

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He's about to turn 32 next month... With one final year of control, it might make sense to trade him now, since this will likely be his high-point in terms of trade value, and does the team really want to wrestle with signing him to a long-term deal, at his age?
Love the guy... but, if Hazen can snag a nice haul for him now, I think it's a no-brainer...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's about to turn 32 next month... With one final year of control, it might make sense to trade him now, since this will likely be his high-point in terms of trade value, and does the team really want to wrestle with signing him to a long-term deal, at his age?
Love the guy... but, if Hazen can snag a nice haul for him now, I think it's a no-brainer...

Unfortunately agree

Azjose86

Veteran
Reaction score
If they give up some solid pieces. Absolutely. I've said, he should be one of the guys they trade.. Trade him while he's worth something. I think Locastro could fill in just fine for him. Locastro is much better at fielding too

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
MLB trade rumors: David Peralta could be in high demand, but his injuries are a red flag
Mike Polishuk writes: "Peralta’s health is still something of a red flag, however, as this is the second time this season that a bothersome right AC joint has sent him to the injured list. That first IL stint sidelined the outfielder for only 10 days, but any type of recurring injury has to be concerning to any interested trade partners, particularly since Peralta batted only .252/.342/.388 over 117 plate appearances in between his two trips to the injured list."
https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...cubs-arizona-diamondbacks-chatter/1713817001/

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ray seems to be linked to NYY & PHI. PHI does have Adonis Medina who could replace Ray in the rotation. If PHI is willing to package him and Haseley I would do it, NYY have no one in their farm of note except for Florial but we SP back in any Greinke or Ray deal.

I think ARZ will get low ball offers for Greinke despite the year he is having so I would just keep him.

As for CHC, they have Nico Hoerner, a contact hitting SS with no pop & a young promising C prospect in Miguel Amaya. CHC would have to center package around Amaya to get something done IMO.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ray seems to be linked to NYY & PHI. PHI does have Adonis Medina who could replace Ray in the rotation. If PHI is willing to package him and Haseley I would do it, NYY have no one in their farm of note except for Florial but we SP back in any Greinke or Ray deal.

I think ARZ will get low ball offers for Greinke despite the year he is having so I would just keep him.

As for CHC, they have Nico Hoerner, a contact hitting SS with no pop & a young promising C prospect in Miguel Amaya. CHC would have to center package around Amaya to get something done IMO.

Totally agree, heck we finally have a real ace on the staff. IMO he is earning his large salary and we should keep him as he keeps us in contention.