Reaction score
Here is the new salary cap.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown

Adding to that injury discussion among players breaking down there is this.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s already been speculated that focusing on one sport and repetitive motions due a lot of harm. So it’s true, these kids play school ball then the AAU tourneys start soon after. They play year round now it seems.

What is not discussed as much is how the NBA perpetuates this continuum.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Looks like he was going for the ball there. But that is just me.

Are those Boston announcers. They are the most unprofessional in the NBA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm inclined not to give him the benefit of the doubt after watching the other video/tweet.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Are those Boston announcers.
They are the most unprofessional in the NBA.
I do not think so. I could be wrong.

ESPN broadcaster and former Indiana coach Dan Dakich
offered a harsh criticism of Allen during the broadcast, calling Allen’s history of aggressive play “just tiring.”

“I mean let’s be honest,” Dakich said on-air after the first foul was issued. “Duke defended him ad nauseam, enabled him, and now it continues. And, truthfully, it’s just exhausting.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/spor...-he-does-gets-ejected-nba-summer-league-game/

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If you watch it with full context, his actions are indefensible imho

He commits a flagrant one on an anger foul on Williams, is annoyed that he got called on it, and then his ejection is on the next play. No question he was being a punk. He's just the absolute worst.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

He commits a flagrant one on an anger foul on Williams, is annoyed that he got called on it, and then his ejection is on the next play. No question he was being a punk. He's just the absolute worst.
Yeah that's pretty ridiculous. I'm not sure the 2nd one is nearly as bad as the first, though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not to be snarky but are you watching it on a 12 inch black and white TV from the 50's? I honestly thought it was unquestionably a swing at the guy's head although perhaps I was influenced by what had already transpired?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not to be snarky but are you watching it on a 12 inch black and white TV from the 50's? I honestly thought it was unquestionably a swing at the guy's head although perhaps I was influenced by what had already transpired?
I looked at each one in isolation from the other.

Not a 12 inch screen though. Still stand by my evaluation of the announcers.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think you absolutely were probably influenced. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't warrant an ejection based on what happened earlier, but he had a glancing blow on Williams head with his elbow/forearm. If he was really trying to hurt the guy with the elbow, it would have been A LOT worse IMO. Allen is a thug, but when it comes to this specific play, I just don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. I feel like he was ejected because of cumulation, not because of that one action.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think you absolutely were probably influenced. Now, I'm not saying it doesn't warrant an ejection based on what happened earlier, but he had a glancing blow on Williams head with his elbow/forearm. If he was really trying to hurt the guy with the elbow, it would have been A LOT worse IMO. Allen is a thug, but when it comes to this specific play, I just don't think it's as bad as people are making it out to be. I feel like he was ejected because of cumulation, not because of that one action.

I think he clearly went for the head INSTEAD of the ball, that's indefensible IMO. Is it the worst I've seen? Not even close. But IMO it was a guy wanting to throw a cheap shot but worried about the scrutiny he was under so he short armed his swing so that it could hit nothing but the guy's head while looking like he was swinging for the ball. The ball was never anywhere close to where his swing was going.

AFAIC, it's a pretty routine dirty play, not worthy of Allen's earlier efforts but it was undeniably dirty IMO.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I disagree. In the long clip at the 41 second mark it is clear on the screen that the Boston player has locked Grayson's arm under his own. Allen yanks it out and the other guy flops. Listen. I do not have any love for Allen at all. I think he is a dirty player, but that Boston player set this up. In the second clip, Allen wound up and swung at the ball. Anyway. I don't really care. Allen is not really an NBA player anyway.

Correction. On the first play, he pushes him away as he yanks it out.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think the fouls can be viewed separately. There was a pattern of behavior. Either foul was grounds for ejection.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree. In the long clip at the 41 second mark it is clear on the screen that the Boston player has locked Grayson's arm under his own. Allen yanks it out and the other guy flops. Listen. I do not have any love for Allen at all. I think he is a dirty player, but that Boston player set this up. In the second clip, Allen wound up and swung at the ball. Anyway. I don't really care. Allen is not really an NBA player anyway.

I actually sort of agree with the first one, to me it was a basketball play where Allen felt justified in responding but went a little too far. It happens all the time and isn't worthy of anything more than a common foul IMO. But you're way off on the second one. Try to project yourself into that swing and tell me what you're trying to accomplish when you know you won't get within a foot of the ball you're supposedly swinging at?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I think he clearly went for the head INSTEAD of the ball, that's indefensible IMO. Is it the worst I've seen? Not even close. But IMO it was a guy wanting to throw a cheap shot but worried about the scrutiny he was under so he short armed his swing so that it could hit nothing but the guy's head while looking like he was swinging for the ball. The ball was never anywhere close to where his swing was going.

AFAIC, it's a pretty routine dirty play, not worthy of Allen's earlier efforts but it was undeniably dirty IMO.
We definitely disagree. If he wanted to go for his head, it would have been MUCH more visible. This was a swipe for the ball. A swipe that might have been too strong, sure, but a swipe nonetheless.

It doesn't matter if it was "nowhere near the ball", guys make attempts like that all the time.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Yup. As I suspected. The wuss-if-i-cation of the nba. Can’t win without building super teams. Can’t play a full season. Wussies.
Can’t touch an offensive player.
He can use his off hand to clear you out but you cannot touch him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose