Oubre Re-signed

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Agreed everyone should just work together to not mention 1Sun and maybe...just maybe, when he comes back most of the ire here will have blown over.

It would help if as a moderator, you would clamp down on the deliberate dishonestly and misrepresentation.

Hoop Head has earned a ban, in my opinion.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bets should be honored....

board rules on not attacking other posters should be honored also. so, when multiple posters just start attacking a member of the board (which I'm pretty sure is against the board rules) AND one board member completely lies about what the attacked poster said, I have no problem with that poster defending themselves.

just talk basketball.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again I will gladly honor it if others wouldn't make false accusations against me and disparage me, counting on my inability to respond to set the record straight.

You have bashed Booker. That’s not false just in case you were including me in your general statement.

Other than that I have no opinion and didn’t even know you made a bet until I read above.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Learn how to reply to a post, your mess of a rebuttal is in the quoted section.

I corrected the links because apparently how I view the board, with the number of posts displayed per page, it linked to different posts than what I intended. I have updated the links and corrected the hyperlinks though. Everything is directly linked as it should be.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Learn how to reply to a post, your mess of a rebuttal is in the quoted section.

I corrected the links because apparently how I view the board, with the number of posts displayed per page, it linked to different posts than what I intended. I have updated the links and corrected the hyperlinks though. Everything is directly linked as it should be.

You're still misrepresenting my posts and deliberately taking them out of context.

No surprise there.

Again, you're a liar.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're still misrepresenting my posts and deliberately taking them out of context.

No surprise there.

Again, you're a liar.

The context is easy to understand since the conversation can be seen around your posts. I didn't lie, I backed up what I said and provided evidence supporting it, which you're trying to twist around now just like I said you would. You're comically predictable sometimes.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Go on your hiatus.
Your breathless negativity was never welcome here. Every single thing out of your keyboard shaped mouth was wanton pessimism. Do you have the right to spew it? Of course, but no one wants to hear it. That's how losers minds work. Winners see the potential. No FA's were coming to a team that couldn't win 20 games. Next year will be closer to 30, and some heads will turn. We got our HC. We got our PG. We now have, for what its worth, a hell of a 2nd unit. Booker, Ayton, Oubre, and Bridges will be one year closer to their primes. It will be a much better coming season, and the rebirth will continue. Your verbal diarrhea was awful to endure.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It would help if as a moderator, you would clamp down on the deliberate dishonestly and misrepresentation.

Hoop Head has earned a ban, in my opinion.

Don't push your luck any further. I don't care what you think about who should be banned. If I cared to listen to whom everyone thinks should be banned, there would be like 3 posters here.

Stop responding to people.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The context is easy to understand since the conversation can be seen around your posts. I didn't lie, I backed up what I said and provided evidence supporting it, which you're trying to twist around now just like I said you would. You're comically predictable sometimes.

Stop responding to him.

The next person that mentions 1Sun gets a 3 month break.

1Sun, either honor your bet or I will honor it for you.

Are we done here?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Don't push your luck any further. I don't care what you think about who should be banned. If I cared to listen to whom everyone thinks should be banned, there would be like 3 posters here.

Stop responding to people.

I will keep responding to set the record straight if people on this board insist on spreading lies about me and misrepresenting my posts. Otherwise I will honor my hiatus.

I will not allow this board to be open season on libel and fraud, at least where I am concerned.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I have no idea as to what's going on due to the ignore feature, so how about Kelly Oubre, everyone?! I am super-excited to see how he improves this year. I'd really like to see his three-point field goal percentage to improve. It will also be interesting to see how much he benefits from having Rubio on the team. I suspect he will be doing a lot of cutting to the basket off the ball.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have no idea as to what's going on due to the ignore feature, so how about Kelly Oubre, everyone?! I am super-excited to see how he improves this year. I'd really like to see his three-point field goal percentage to improve. It will also be interesting to see how much he benefits from having Rubio on the team. I suspect he will be doing a lot of cutting to the basket off the ball.

I think Oubre will benefit from the shooters the Suns have added giving more room to operate inside. He is not afraid to take the ball to the basket as you mention.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay 1Suns hiatus is official.

I am serious that shots on him / mentioning him / even alluding to him will not be tolerated.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Come on folks. We're all adults (or seniors, students and teenagers). Let's keep it together.

When is the next interesting thing happening? Is now a good time to focus on football?

I'm getting into the Suns groove this summer. They did some seemingly weird **** on draft night but when everything is said and done (I guess now the roster is as good as complete) it looks much improved. We kept the young core (most of it anyway), signed Oubre (sadly we let Holmes walk, but hopefully Baynes is solid), put some real NBA players on the team that are not dead meat, and got some skill players in the draft, not just drafting on potential and physical measurements, but on actual NBA skills (like shooting and passing). Also picked up an interesting player in Jalen Leqcue.

It's a toss up if potential and physical measurements is wiser to go for than skills and less athletic ability. I guess it depends on several other factors as well. Experience, work habit, draft position, etc. Regarding Bender and Chriss versus Sabonis and Murray I say yeah... considering our player development has been seriously sub par we should be getting more finished players. I really hope they help Lecque.

Back to Oubre. Good work FO. 2 years at a decent price hopefully didn't brush anyone the wrong way. We've seen sources that Oubre wants to be here long term and he's clicked with Booker and Ayton so it's a good time to enjoy the summer and be optimistic (yet again) for the next season.

Go Suns!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
To me it’s all about him improving his 3 point accuracy. He does that and I think it’s all there for him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's not news for a lot of us who have followed Oubre that he might be ready to take the next step.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose