OT- Around the NFL 2019-20

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
They have Brock, Alford, and Murphy. Why bring in another vet?

Alford is solid as a second and will have to play as a first during Peterson's suspension (BTW, I dig Peterson and his 'diva' behavior is minuscule to the true drama queens found in the NFL), Murphy is built to be a slot guy because he lacks speed and size but has great instincts and quickness (no, I do not see him being any heir apparent to Peterson because he lacks the ability to be that stud on the outside), Brock is like meh, knows Joseph's system but he also really not a outside corner it seems, then you have the reality that probably one of these guys are going to get hurt, or at least get dinged in those six games and all it takes is a few plays of qualified absence at a position for a offense to seize the opportunity and win a game, meaning you need a vet that can step in in a pinch

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Alford is solid as a second and will have to play as a first during Peterson's suspension (BTW, I dig Peterson and his 'diva' behavior is minuscule to the true drama queens found in the NFL), Murphy is built to be a slot guy because he lacks speed and size but has great instincts and quickness (no, I do not see him being any heir apparent to Peterson because he lacks the ability to be that stud on the outside), Brock is like meh, knows Joseph's system but he also really not a outside corner it seems, then you have the reality that probably one of these guys are going to get hurt, or at least get dinged in those six games and all it takes is a few plays of qualified absence at a position for a offense to seize the opportunity and win a game, meaning you need a vet that can step in in a pinch

We dont know if Murphy is a slot guy only or not. IIRC he played both at UW.

For what it's worth, supposedly Chris Jones has looked really good in OTAs. His play, along with having PP21, Alford, Murphy, and Brock is likely the reason they released Amerson.

Big physical outside corner who looked like he might be a top pick at times at Nebraska, but missed a season due to injury.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
We dont know if Murphy is a slot guy only or not. IIRC he played both at UW.

For what it's worth, supposedly Chris Jones has looked really good in OTAs. His play, along with having PP21, Alford, Murphy, and Brock is likely the reason they released Amerson.

Big physical outside corner who looked like he might be a top pick at times at Nebraska, but missed a season due to injury.

Thanks for shedding some light on the Jones kid and the possibilities!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Thanks for shedding some light on the Jones kid and the possibilities!

I can't remember which Cardinals propaganda show it was, but the insiders said he has been one of the more impressive defenders this offseason, so I did my investigation including watching some youtube on Jones. If you like bigger corners, he's one of the more physically imposing on the current roster. And he shows some ball skills too.

I know Gardeck has looked really good as well. Vance Joseph singled him out, and Bill Davis was asked about him as well last week. One interesting tidbit: when he was asked about Reddick, he said that moving from OLB to ILB is a really hard move, much harder than moving from ILB to OLB. He said that not only was Reddick having to learn LB in the first place, he was also moving from the outside in. He said Reddick finally gets it now and should be good. When asked about Gardeck, he said that last season he was making the same conversion. He said that he is a good pass rusher, and will probably play a bit of OLB as well.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the input on Jones. Hopefully we found a diamond in the rough.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Obvious in the video: refusing orders, assaulting an officer, bombed out of his gourde. I mean, how trashed do you have to be when getting tased simply pisses you off?

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Chargers running back Melvin Gordon holding out for a new contract

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We will be the NBA where the rich inmates run the asylum... oh joy!

I see a long & protracted strike when the current NFL CBA expires. If the NFL players get what they want (something similar to NBA's), then the overall state of the NFL will suffer tremendously.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose