Arizona Cardinals release preseason schedule

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT THIS FRANCHISE IS GENERATING???

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

CAN YOU FEEL THE HEAT THIS FRANCHISE IS GENERATING???

Lol... Okay K9, you have a point.

However, what about the people on this board (which I know is an extremely small subset of all Cardinals fans)?

Do you think we're fired up to see the season start? To see the first preseason game? Big time.

You could reasonably extrapolate that out to all Cardinals' fans I think, and after last year's unmitigated disaster of a season, that level of interest in the fan base is nothing short of miraculous. Perhaps that's what Chris is sensing.

And what about you?

Have you personally ever anticipated a pre-season game more than the one on 08/08/19?

:) I thought so.

I'm not contradicting your point, but my point is that if, in the off-season, ARZ has managed to re-energize its own fan base, that's really good enough. That would be mission accomplished in a big way.

Now its up to the players to get on the field, and make the rest of the world sit up and take notice.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

However, what about the people on this board (which I know is an extremely small subset of all Cardinals fans)?

Do you think we're fired up to see the season start? To see the first preseason game? Big time.

You could reasonably extrapolate that out to all Cardinals' fans I think, and after last year's unmitigated disaster of a season, that level of interest in the fan base is nothing short of miraculous. Perhaps that's what Chris is sensing.

And what about you?

Have you personally ever anticipated a pre-season game more than the one on 08/08/19?

I'm not contradicting your point, but my point is that if, in the off-season, ARZ has managed to re-energize its own fan base, that's really good enough. That would be mission accomplished in a big way.

Now its up to the players to get on the field, and make the rest of the world sit up and take notice.

I'm sure the mods or site owners could tell you whether activity is up or down. I think that we're probably simmering at about the same level we were last offseason. I'm actually about the same. I was excited about Josh Rosen, and I think a lot of people here were, too.

I actually don't care much for the preseason, and I don't even know what a great pre-season game would look like.

I mean, look at the comparison over the last 18 months or so for Murray, Rosen, and Mayfield:

The interest in Baker Mayfield was bigger than Murray when he was losing his bowl game, when he was getting drafted #1 overall, and through his preseason process (with a big nod of help from HBO and Hard Knocks).

I don't think that most casual fans here think that this offseason was a continuation of the debacle of the previous season. The stadium for the preseason game will likely be half empty, and the Cards are going to have to earn it back.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any NFL team generating heat around this time probably = arrests or some other controversy. No thanks.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

And what about you?

Regarding the bold... lol... what? How about 2009 right after we were minutes away from winning the Super Bowl and coming back for another shot with most of the team intact? 2016, after All Or Nothing and bringing back most of that team with the addition of Chandler Jones?

I'm so thrilled for preseason that I'm going to Mexico for it. I have zero interest in watching the worst team in the league from last year spend four quarters showing us none of the offense.

I clearly don't live in AZ, but I don't really feel any excitement at all, rather than people intrigued in wtf it's going to look like.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Really surprised @kerouac9, that you are not more interested in what we look like coming out of the gate.

@Solar7. less surprised. :)

But that's fine gentlemen. Hope that you're both having a great summer, and I'm looking forward to our future discussions.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Great intro of thread topic - i.e. it starts out: "Cardinals Release..." and I immediately thought that we had released someone important.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Really surprised @kerouac9, that you are not more interested in what we look like coming out of the gate.

But that's fine gentlemen. Hope that you're both having a great summer, and I'm looking forward to our future discussions.

I'll likely watch a bit of the first few games just to see how Murray looks and turn it off like every year, if I am home. I have never put much stock and excitement into preseason besides seeing the starters and maybe trying to see some rookies and then turn it off. preseason sucks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Maybe you've forgotten what preseason football is actually like. I'd be surprised if Murray sees 80 snaps across the preseason.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I still might be going to Boston instead, but we're looking at Cancun. Birthday trip with my dad.

Any suggestions?
Cancun is one of the coolest places I have ever been. I was just curious if you guys were going to rocky point. Rocky point is miserably hot in August, dont know about Cancun.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: if you go to Cancun...I deeply regret passing on a 3 hour bus ride to chichen itza. I reccomend you do not pass on it. I have to go back someday and go.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Well, I still might be going to Boston instead, but we're looking at Cancun. Birthday trip with my dad.

Any suggestions?

When would you be going to Cancun? Hot as hell down there now. If you never been there go to at least one of the Mayan ruins. Chichen Itza is the coolest one followed by Tulum.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thursday's game is going to also be shown on ABC, at least in the Albuquerque Area.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Over heard the news this morning. After the espn game abc is going to show the last two preseason games. For those who live in the Albuquerque area.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave