NFL Sunday Ticket

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Bam!! Completely free again.

Called, asked for retention... Got a nice girl in India (I presume) that I couldn't understand very well.
Told her to cancel, and that I didn't need to hear her "offers" as I was tired of doing this every year (Which I kinda am) She transferred me to a higher CS level, and the gentleman I spoke with thanked me for being a longtime loyal customer... Told him to cancel it all because $200 TV bills weren't working for me anymore... 20 minutes later I had $45 off my bill for 6 months, and free Sunday ticket.

Ohh... one last tip... If you had Sunday ticket the previous year (Free or discounted or otherwise) Call the day before and cancel your auto-renew.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I hit the jackpot again this year, $55 off a month for 12 months. I got $5 off a month of all 4 of my movie channels, and $5 off of my sports package for 6 months. So a total savings of $900 over the next 2 months. Also canceled NFL max and just got games only as it is all I want anyway, so my savings are close to $1000 over the 12 months. Just say cancel service at the beginning and it get you right to the retention department, 34 minutes total.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Easy deal and I had dreaded calling. $60 off total bill per month and $16.95 per month off of NFL ticket payment. Maybe 20 minutes total on phone. Told them I was ready to move on to cable but was making one call to see if they could do anything for me.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BOOM!!

Called them and told the nice gentleman Authur who I was speaking to i belonged to a sports message board and all the guys were talking about getting discounts on Sunday ticket.

So he broke it down to me. He said it depends on what package you have for direct tv if they see you got a lot of premium channels the more likely they'll give you a discount and the other factor is how long you've been with them.

So he told me those are the two big factors they look at.

Renewed Sunday ticket for 14.75 a month or 1 time payment of 88 bucks

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Just got it free again! Bam I do it every year. Dont ask for it . Say you stream and your girlfriend doesn't watch TV and kids watch Netflix.

Say there is no reason to keep it due to the Ticket being too much and your wife said you cant raise your bill and you have to cancel

Boom. Make a scenario were free sunday ticket solves. You need the Loyalty dept, say you are cancelling.

Ive had sunday ticket free for so long over 10 years easy

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
They got me for another year. Was ready to jump to a combined Hulu and Philo package for $56

Was on hold for 5 minutes, then had a 10 minute conversation

Sunday Ticket for free, $35/mo off programming for a year, $10/mo off sports pack for 6 months

She also went through the channel differences between choice and entertainment, I dropped to entrainment

No commitment and she said to make sure to call back and reset the sports pack and to call in periodically to check on promos

Should be a little under $70/month - if that is the real cost I'm happy

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. I'm going to sign up for SlingTV for $35 a month which includes Red Zone($10 sports package).

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Meh. I'm going to sign up for SlingTV for $35 a month which includes Red Zone($10 sports package).

Yeah, I went with Vue. $50/mo + $10 for redzone. The only channel I lose is History, which sucks a bit.

The DVR function is way better than DTV and I don't have to skip through a million useless channels when using the guide!

The best feature though is that I can put tvs everywhere without running cables. Just need to buy a $40 amazon tv stick for each one.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I went with Vue. $50/mo + $10 for redzone. The only channel I lose is History, which sucks a bit.

The DVR function is way better than DTV and I don't have to skip through a million useless channels when using the guide!

The best feature though is that I can put tvs everywhere without running cables. Just need to buy a $40 amazon tv stick for each one.
Maybe I'll do that because I like Vue better. I get local channels through that.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I just did a spreadsheet this week of like 6 different options with channels mapped out based on the package I was looking at

Unfortunately none were a perfect solution

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just did a spreadsheet this week of like 6 different options with channels mapped out based on the package I was looking at

Unfortunately none were a perfect solution

Yeah, I assigned a value to the following:

- value of each channel my family actually watches
- convenience
- flexibility (i.e. whether cable is required for every tv)

A significant factor was the redzone channel. On sundays we watch the redzone channel and then the cards game. I don't want to pay for the nfl ticket just to watch redzone.

I tried to negotiate a free redzone channel with dtv in addition to their offer of $55/mo off, but they wouldn't bite. I probably still would have passed though because Vue is cheaper per month after you buy the amazon tv stick.

But you're right. There's still no perfect solution. I'm still paying $60/mo and buying a lot of channels I don't want. But in this scenario the only downside is no History channel and an annoyed wife that has to learn how to navigate to cnn with a new system.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just re-upped with Vue. They were offering for their Core package, $39.99 for 2 months then $49.99 after that. I also signed up for their sports package for $10 a month but got a month free trial of it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Anyone get billed yet? I was kinda nervous that I didn't get billed yet. lol did they forget about me?:stick:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I cancelled last year and didn't miss a game, Direct TV is horrible now

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm on Vue. Cancelled Red Zone after last season ended. Waiting until this season starts to add it back for $10, but I might add it sooner because it includes the Outdoor Channel.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I cut the cord this year finally. Cancelled Directv a few months back because of equipment issues I was having for more than a year. Of course they never offered to fix the problem until I decided to cancel. Now they have been calling nonstop to get us back. Still undecided how we are going to handle the football season. I have never been without Sunday Ticket. Being an out of town fan makes catching every game difficult without Sunday ticket. Going to a bar every weekend would probably cost 5-10 times the amount of Sunday ticket.
What is the benefit of Vue over Hulu live, etc.? It seemed like the base Hulu package got several more channels (CBS Sports, Big Ten, SEC, etc...)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I cut the cord this year finally. Cancelled Directv a few months back because of equipment issues I was having for more than a year. Of course they never offered to fix the problem until I decided to cancel. Now they have been calling nonstop to get us back. Still undecided how we are going to handle the football season. I have never been without Sunday Ticket. Being an out of town fan makes catching every game difficult without Sunday ticket. Going to a bar every weekend would probably cost 5-10 times the amount of Sunday ticket.
What is the benefit of Vue over Hulu live, etc.? It seemed like the base Hulu package got several more channels (CBS Sports, Big Ten, SEC, etc...)

Check out DAZN

Reaction score
Do any other options (VUE, DAZN) allow you to record the game and watch it later?

Vue does. I have had Vue for a year or two and love it.
It's around $50 per month for 95% of the channels directtv was charging me $100 per month for.
And as another poster said above, when football season starts I add the sports package which has maybe 15 or 20 sports channels including Red Zone for $10 per month and cancel when the season ends.
This won't help you if you live outside Arizona and want to get full Cards games though.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Vue does. I have had Vue for a year or two and love it.
It's around $50 per month for 95% of the channels directtv was charging me $100 per month for.
And as another poster said above, when football season starts I add the sports package which has maybe 15 or 20 sports channels including Red Zone for $10 per month and cancel when the season ends.
This won't help you if you live outside Arizona and want to get full Cards games though.

I guess there's always the home theater PC option. I was going to build one years ago but lost interest for some reason. I think it was the DRM and all the hoops you had to jump through to try to receive and record regular cable TV channels in HD.

As far as I remember though, there were standalone recorders you could buy that of course only recorded in analog, but unlike other standalone recorders, they used component inputs, so you could record in HD 1080i or 720p. Of course that means a digital-to-analog conversion to record - and then an analog-to-digital conversion to watch it, so technically the picture suffers a bit. But that's not that big of a deal as long as the starting HD quality is good. The deal breaker though is the PIA factor with all the software involved and especially having to rely on a livestream of the game to actually work and provide you with something to record while you're not home to babysit it.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you take them back you will get the ticket for free.at least tell them that’s what it’s going to take to get you back.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose